Administrative / Office Management / Clerical - Full-time
This new position provides an exciting opportunity to join a team of receptionists who serve as the primary contact for RDV Corporation’s guests and callers. The Receptionist will have front desk responsibilities and provide operational support to ensure guests are warmly welcomed and experience RDV’s culture of care and hospitality. In addition to the responsibilities outlined below the Receptionist will be expected to assist with developing and implementing new processes and assisting with special projects related to the transition into a new facility.
Culture of Care
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor telecommunications system for all incoming calls; transfer calls into voicemail; take detailed messages; cheerfully and tactfully handle inquiries and/or direct inquiries to appropriate staff; promptly notify staff of pending messages. Take initiative to handle general inquiries without direct supervision.
- Greet and welcome visitors and guests, ensuring that all visitors and guests feel as though they are top priority. Practice professional and courteous hospitality; announce arrival of guests to appropriate team members; distribute and record parking passes; offer and serve guests beverages.
- Monitor visitor management system to ensure preparedness for guest arrival and adequate staff is present in the reception area at all times.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to prepare for and ensure guests feel welcomed during special events taking place in the building. Assist with exiting guests at the conclusion of the event as needed.
- Handle multiple priorities and deadlines with exemplary follow through and confidentiality.
- Exhibit foresight and initiative in recognizing potential problems, needs and/or inefficiencies, and pro-actively propose alternative, creative, and innovative ways to best accomplish superior outcomes.
- Provide support in use of conference rooms; set up/tear down meeting requirements, including coordination of refreshments, special meal requests, and equipment; stock beverages in common area refrigerators.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming mail; prepare outgoing mail including certified and express packages for pickup by delivery services. Coordinate Federal Express/UPS/Courier shipments and pickups.
- Assist Facilities Operations Team by ensuring the reception area is maintained in a neat and tidy manner.
- Provide back-up support to the Facilities Coordinator to assist with supply ordering, inventory, and organization.
- Work collaboratively with Receptionist team to ensure office opening procedures are completed and operational readiness is maintained at all times.
- Complete logging of details in parking validation report and ensure the report is accurate at each month-end.
- Partner with the Executive Administration team to assist in special projects as needed.
- Provide administrative support and file management to other departments as needed.
- Provide coverage for the Receptionist team during scheduled breaks, vacations, and other absences.
- Run occasional errands as needed.
Elements of Success
- High School diploma required; Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Some experience as a receptionist or administrative assistant in a highly professional, fast-paced corporate office.
- Previous experience with various clerical duties; strong customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to organize, prioritize, follow through on projects, and work independently.
- Must be attentive to details and assure visitors are warmly welcomed and experience an atmosphere of hospitality.
- Ability to work with all levels of management in a professional manner, with the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, ethics, discretion, and dedication to the mission of the organization.
- Must work effectively and cooperatively with executive administrative team and adjust/share duties as required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; database experience preferred.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to be flexible and occasionally work non-routine hours including evenings and weekends.
Essential Physical Demands
- Must be able to lift/transport boxes of approximately thirty (30) pounds; stoop, bend, and climb steps and stairs.