Healthcare - Full-time
Are You Called to Serve? Finding the right hospice is about finding the right people. People who will delicately guide patients through an unknown journey ahead; who serve the needs of family members with the same care as their patients; who will always be there to answer questions, so no one is left in the dark.
As a Bereavement Coordinator at Emmanuel Hospice, you will experience a rewarding work life while contributing to our team in a full time, salaried, exempt position.
- Works in a hybrid model of office work and some work from home.
- Provides ongoing assessments of bereavement needs of the patient/family/patient caregiver and initiates appropriate intervention or referral.
- Provides and submits in a timely manner, accurate and appropriate documentation of patient/family services as defined in Emmanuel Hospice policies.
- Plans, directs and coordinates all bereavement services for all bereaved for at least thirteen (13) months following death of the patient.
- Plans and coordinates special activities of remembrance.
- Coordinates with community organizations to ensure a variety of bereavement services and programming is available in the community, including educational in-services/seminars and support groups/1:1 counseling as necessary related to grief and loss.
- Provides referrals to outside agencies or consultants when appropriate.
- Assists in providing education to Emmanuel Hospice team members regarding grief and loss and how it relates to aspects of Patient/Family Care.
- Experience providing grief support and/or counseling required.
- A degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related field preferred.
- 2 years of experience in Counseling or Social Work with hospice experience preferred.
- Experience in electronic databases and Microsoft Office products required.
- Pay ranging from $42,000 – $52,000 per year depending on experience
- A generous PTO package
- Opportunities for growth and advanced certifications
- A matching 403(b) plan
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance available on the date of hire
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities
- Generous bereavement leave
- Self-care coaching
- Electronic medical records and mobile devices for all clinicians
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer paid Life and Short-term Disability
Emmanuel Hospice is committed to the work of anti-racism and pursuit of diversity, equity, and inclusion, in order to foster a safe and transformational environment for staff and patients to work, receive care, and thrive in their everyday lives. We strongly encourage all interested individuals to apply, even if they are not confident they meet 100% of the listed qualifications, and allow us to evaluate candidates’ knowledge, skills, and abilities using an intentional equity lens.Apply Now