Other - Full-time
CURE International is seeking an experienced leader to join our team as our Head of People & Culture at our Mission Support Center located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The Head of People & Culture is responsible for developing all people-centered activities in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization. Most specifically, the activities to be developed are in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, performance management, training and development, culture, and compensation. The Head of People & Culture provides strategic leadership by leading the People & Culture team and articulating human resource needs and plans to the senior management and executive leadership teams.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals.
- Functions as a coach and advisor to the senior management of each department regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Identifies key performance indicators for the organization’s human resource and talent management functions.
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs.
- Oversees the employee lifecycle.
- Maintains knowledge of and ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Manages the organization’s performance evaluation system.
- Leads the organization’s professional development planning efforts so as to ensure the ongoing competency and effectiveness of the team.
- Oversees efforts related to career paths and succession planning.
- Leads organizational culture initiatives for the organization.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years progressively responsible HR experience, preferably in a non-profit setting. Minimum of seven (7) years leading or managing others.
- Computer skills and the ability to learn the HRIS system.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or Google Workplace products.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to research and analyze various types of data/information.
- Good problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills necessary to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
- Thorough knowledge of all employment-related laws and regulations.
- Ability to liaise with individuals at all levels within the organization.
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith in order to be considered for this position.
This is a full-time, paid position that offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement, and paid time off.
CURE International complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Persons living with a disability are highly encouraged to apply.Apply Now