Education - Full-time
Scope of Position: The Assistant Teacher works with the Lead Teacher in the supervision and discipline of the children in the classroom. This person will also implement classroom activities, assist with preparation of materials observer individual children and assume the Lead Teacher role when they are not present.
Time Commitment: Full Time, 40 hours/week
· Supervise and discipline the children in the classroom
· Assist with getting the children to and from the room during transitions
· Interact with children to help guide and interact in their play in all developmental areas
· Assist with and eat meals/snacks with the children and assist in cleaning up afterwards
· Responsible for playground and gym supervision
· Keep room neat, clean and safe
· Participate in specials (Music, Cultural, Bible, Spanish) with the children
· Advise Director when supplies need replacing or when toys or equipment need repair
· Work cooperatively with staff and parents
· Greet and engage in positive interactions with parents, children and other guests
· Attend staff meetings, parent functions, and outreach events as requested by the Director
· Meet with the Director for evaluation and goal setting
· Attend required annual trainings mandated by the Licensing Rules for Child Care Centers and complete annual CPR/First Aid Training
· Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director
· Must have a love and willingness to serve children and their families.
· Work with team to ensure a well-rounded program that both Reach-Out to lost children and Raise-Up children to be fully devoted followers of Christ.
· Must be 18 .
· Minimum educational requirement for the Assistant Teacher Position set forth by the State of Michigan Department of Childcare Licensing.
· Previous Child Care Experience
· CPR training, Blood Borne Training Annually
· State required training and professional development
· Participate in KCC’s new Real Life Discipleship Journey.
NOTE: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit Kentwood Community Church from assigning other work as needed.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.00 – $14.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- 10 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- early childhood: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location