Healthcare - Part-time
Adult Respite Aide
Thresholds, Inc., a local non-profit organization, is dedicated to the care, skill teaching, and guidance for people who are challenged with Intellectual, developmental and physical disabilities. Our support for the community is dependent on the compassion of our direct care team. At Thresholds you are able to make a difference in the residents’ lives every day!
We are now hiring part time staff to provide support to individuals who live at home to provide respite to the families. Respite Aide Staff provide direct support to adults that have intellectual and developmental disabilities living with their families.
An Adult Respite Aide is needed in the Ada area afternoons, during the week
The range of support to the clients may include:
- Assisting with personal care and hygiene
- Assisting with medication administration
- Monitoring health and ensuring safety
- Attending to medical needs
- Supporting involvement in community and in-home activities, teaching and training to increase independence.
No experience is necessary as you will be fully trained (with pay!). However, while we can teach you most things, we cannot teach you compassion, and so this is one essential requirement for this role. Our staff are dedicated, have a genuine interest in the people for whom they care, and above all are naturally kind and warm-hearted.
Qualifications include (but not limited to):
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally
- Must be able to read and implement Behavior Service Plans
- Have a valid Michigan driver’s license with a good driving record
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check (fingerprinting), physical, drug screen, and TB test
- Have a high school diploma or GED (at minimum)
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must have sufficient visual and auditory acuity with or without corrective lenses/aids to observe clients and detect signs of changes in client behavior, adverse medication reactions, or other activity or event requiring intervention.
- Must be able to attend and pass all Network 180 trainings – – required.
Apply today … If you are someone who enjoys working with people and enjoy having a positive impact on individuals and the community, then this job is for you. We are looking for energetic, hardworking individuals open to a new challenge. Our residents can’t wait to meet you! To be considered for employment, an employment application must be completed at: http://www.threshnet.org.