Human Relations - Full-time
Summary of Responsibilities: The Wellness Center Supervisor oversees the operations of the Wellness Center by ensuring exceptional customer service, supervision, and providing a safe environment that promotes the wellbeing of the patrons, staff, and volunteers.
· A strong commitment to Christ and to serving Him through word and deed to others.
· Medical Assistant/Certified Nursing Aid or 3 years in a health care center preferred.
· Background in Community /Public Health preferred.
· Bilingual preferred
· Exceptional customer service skills.
· Ability to maintain a safe and secure environment.
· Effective leadership skills which should include the ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with patrons, staff, and volunteers.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution/De-escalation skills.
· The ability to work with, encourage, motivate, and lead people from all areas of the social spectrum.
· Strong computer skills.
· Strong time management skills.
· Ability to use logic and sound judgement to make quick decisions.
· Ability to adjust to change.
· Possess the ability to maintain proper boundaries.
· Ability to organize, prioritize, and delegate.
· Ability to work independently while also being a team player.
· While treating all with dignity and respect, provide a safe, clean, welcoming atmosphere for all.
· Supervise volunteers, patron workers, interns, and AARP staff by providing scheduling, training, and supplies needed for their assignments.
· Work with volunteers, patron workers, interns, and AARP staff to provide a safe place for patrons to recover from illness or minor surgery, shower, access lockers and laundry services.
· Referral agent and advocacy for health resources including the rest center located within the wellness center.
· Review time sheets for accuracy and submission to the payroll department.
· Independently monitor activities on the floor to ensure a safe environment and arbitrate disputes among patrons and/or staff as needed using restorative practices.
· Maintain a high standard of confidentiality while providing accurate and timely documentation and reports.
· Along with the Program Director, develop and implement the Standard Operating Procedures for the Wellness Center.
· Work with Volunteer Coordinator regarding volunteer needs and opportunities.
· Work with Workforce Development Coordinator regarding workforce development placement opportunities.
· Maintain communication flow with Leadership and other departments as requested, with stories, pictures, etc.
· Represent Degage throughout the community.
· Attend staff meetings and participate in trainings/outings.
· Maintain accurate inventory and communicate needed items and repair requests.
· Assign patron voucher jobs and distribute vouchers with completion of tasks.
· Ability and willingness to fill-in throughout the ministry when necessary.Apply Now