Mechanical - Full-time
Come build trucks with us! Municipal snow plow trucks are our specialty.
Truck & Trailer Specialties, Inc. is hiring technicians for our truck building operation. We are looking for individuals that have mechanical ability, welding and fabrication experience, and a set of hand tools (or willing to purchase).
We build large municipal trucks: installing plows, hitches, dump boxes, salt spreaders, wings, scrapers, lift gate, lift axles – tasks include assembly, welding, fabricating, metal cutting.
Check out our shop video: https://youtu.be/eFukfA2dKiM
Two Bonuses per year!
Fully Paid Health Insurance!
Satisfying Physical Work!
We place high value on integrity, work ethic, team player attitude, and innovation.
Standard hours are M-F 7-5, and two Saturday mornings a month, averaging 50 hours per week. Annual earnings with OT will be $55,000-$80,000.
You must be able to pass a drug screen.
Our benefits include:
· Fully paid, low deductible, platinum health insurance plan for yourself and eligible family
· Dental, Vision, Life, Disability insurances
· 3% of your income to your 401(k) account, regardless of employee contribution level
· Two bonuses per year, up to 5% of your annual earnings each time
· Paid time off after 90 days, six paid holidays per year
· Tool purchase assistance available
Essential Job Functions:
* Fabricate, modify, install and service truck equipment using welders, torches, plasma cutter, shears, punch presses, drill press, and metal cutting saws – installing plows, hitches, dump boxes, salt spreaders, wings, scrapers, lift gate, lift axles.
* Weld ferrous and nonferrous metals using MIG or arc (electrode)
* Utilize manuals and installation instructions in truck build-up processes
For your safety, keep in mind:
· Heavy lifting is required – 50 pounds or more would not be unusual
· Twisting, bending, reaching, stretching are required
· Long periods of standing
· Approximately 48-50 per week – day shifts
· Shop noise, dust, moving mechanical parts, vehicles
· Exposure to hot and cold temperatures