Other - Part-time
Position: Warehouse Team Member
Reports to: Store Manager
Location: Baker Book House in Kentwood, MI Shift: Part Time, Non-exempt
- Prepare incoming and outgoing packages for distribution.
- Use hand or mail handling machines to time stamp, open, read, sort, and route incoming mail, and address, seal, stamp, fold, stuff, and affix postage to outgoing mail or packages.
- Wrap packages or bundles by hand.
- Affix postage to packages or letters by hand, or stamp materials, using postage meters.
- Verify that items are addressed correctly, marked with the proper postage, and in suitable condition for processing.
- Weigh packages or letters to determine postage needed, using weighing scales and rate charts.
- Determine way mail is to be sent and prepare it for delivery to mail facilities.
- Lift and unload containers of mail or parcels onto equipment for transportation to sortation stations.
- Operate computer-controlled keyboards to direct items according to established routing schemes.
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy.
- Receive and count stock items, recording data using computer and Book Store Manager software.
- Label product with the appropriate barcode sticker.
- Assist Warehouse Supervisor with warehouse inventory/storage.
- Clean and maintain an organized workstation, meeting all OSHA workplace regulations.
- Break down boxes and packing material for re-use or recycling to maintain a clean warehouse.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, maintaining them over time.
Other tasks not on this list may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the ability to understand and communicate information in both oral and written formats.
- Mathematics – Knowledge of the principles and methods for addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, fractions, statistics, and currency.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Tools & Technology – Ability to navigate e-mail, Internet, standard shipping program, database and inventory management software.
- Sociability – Ability to provide outstanding service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment.