Other - Full-time
The Material Handler position is responsible for accurate daily restock to the different areas within the ministry. Receive, pick, pack and ship assigned orders and shipments. Keep records of incoming and outgoing shipments. Perform warehousing and logistic functions in support of Our Daily Bread Ministries. Accuracy, a sense of urgency and being able to work in a fast paced team environment are critical.
- Restock daily pickface areas, picking and transferring items in WMS
- Ensure all orders are pulled and prepped for shipment
- Load and unload incoming/outgoing shipments
- Receive incoming product
- Report damages, shortages, and quantity discrepancies in WMS systems
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area
- Follow warehouse safety standards
- Schedule and Coordinate incoming and outgoing shipment dates and times
- Examine and receive incoming/outgoing stock
- Prepare outgoing shipments with proper documentation such as BOL and customs forms.
- Contact freight representatives to make arrangements for shipments leaving or coming to ODB.
- Deliver or route materials to warehouse locations and departments using hi-los, hand trucks, or applicable carrier devise.
Study or Knowledge and Experience
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience in warehousing/shipping/Receiving
- Hilo Experience or ability to obtain hi-lo license upon hire
- Intermediate computer skills
- Expertise in customer service
- Ability to solve problems as they arise
- Experience in warehouse operations preferred
- Strive to live a life consistent with biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
Internal Work Environment
Involves communication with individuals throughout the organization. Discretion, accuracy, and tact are required to successfully deliver excellent customer service
External Work Environment
Communicate with contracted vendors and mail houses as well as delivery drivers/customer pick ups
Stewardship of Resources
Responsible for maintaining accurate inventory levels in pick faces. Cycle counting on a regular basis to ensure inventory counts are accurate.
- Regular standing, bending, pulling, lifting, climbing and twisting. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Based on biblical principles, our statement of faith and the richness of our organization’s history, we will strive to reflect our commitment to diversity by honoring the ministry’s mission, vision, values/ethos and guiding principles.
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and InclusionApply Now