Food Service - Part-time
Cooks serves either every week or every other week, as their schedule allows. Cooks work together (if there is another volunteer cooking with them) to plan the menu, buy the needed ingredients, and serve it here at Alpha Men’s Center for dinner at 5:30. Clean up after the meal is also required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Build relationships with clients while serving and enjoying lunch with them
· Listen to client stories and offer encouragement
· Show the love of Christ to clients and pray for them
· Sign in and out in the Volunteer Hours binder
· Plan the dinner menu and shop for ingredients (reimbursement is offered when receipts are turned in)
· If another volunteer shares the lunch responsibilities, communicate with them during the planning and shopping
· Prepare the meal either at home or in Alpha’s full kitchen
· Be here at Alpha on the designated Monday evenings, having dinner ready to be served at 5:30
· Clean up after dinner
Available Serving Hours:
· Monday’s at Alpha – time varies depending on set up and prep done here or at home; dinner is served at 5:30.
· Planning, shopping, and prep time outside of Alpha
· Ability to build relationships and communicate with a diverse group of clients
· Organizational and administrative skills
· Knowledge and enjoyment of cooking
Volunteer Application Process
· If interested in this volunteer position, please contact Lauren Herlein, Community Engagement Manager, at 616.742.0242 x105 or firstname.lastname@example.org.