Marketing - Full-time
Tekton is looking for a talented Technical Marketing Specialist to manage marketing activities for Tekton.com including optimizing search engine results, coordinating marketing emails, and running digital advertising for the site. A main part of this role is to analyze how users shop for tools on search engines and to help them find our products by creating meaningful and brand-accurate descriptions for our pages.
Department: User Engagement
Direct Supervisor: Chief User Engagement Officer
Some specific role responsibilities
- Write, optimize, and maintain meta and open graph tag data for every page, including landing, category, and product pages
- Research ways to authentically increase our organic rank in search engine results
- Manage and carry out a strategy for paid ads on platforms like Google and Facebook
- Publish blog posts that support the brand and drive meaningful traffic to the site
- Design and run weekly email marketing campaigns
- Advise on social media strategy; help develop Tekton’s YouTube channel
- Assist with other tasks across the User Engagement Department, as needed
Education, experience, and skills
You don’t need a specific degree or job history for this role, but impressive writing and analytical skills are required.
Location and hours
This is a full-time, salaried position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
About the User Engagement Department
This team directly engages with tool users on all fronts, creating and managing the experiences they have with the Tekton brand. We are the people behind Tekton.com—our flagship store—and our Student Program, social media, and all marketing and outreach efforts.
About the company
Tekton, Inc. is a family-owned company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We’re dedicated to making the best hand tools you’ll ever own, and we start by designing the products that we personally believe in and want to own ourselves. We focus especially on tools used in mechanical and assembly work; our core categories include systems of hand drive sockets and ratchets, impact sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers.