Accounting / Finance - Full-time
The Tax Accountant is responsible for workpaper and tax return preparation, estimated tax calculations, and preparation of tax-related correspondences. The Tax Accountant will collaborate with the dedicated Tax team to provide exceptional service and counsel to the business entities, individuals, trusts, and foundations that RDV Corporation serves.
Culture of Care
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with the Tax Group in the detailed and accurate preparation of the following tax returns for individuals, trusts, business entities and foundations:
- Partner with the Tax Group on the following:
- Depreciation calculations using fixed asset depreciation software.
- Information requests resulting from IRS and state exams of income.
- Research related to tax issues on reporting of income and deductions for investments.
- Maintain basis calculations on investments.
- Obtain EINs for new entities and trusts.
- Communicate cross-departmentally to transfer and receive necessary tax information.
Elements of Success
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Minimum of one year of experience in public accounting or equivalent.
- CPA license preferred.
- Must have a strong attention to detail with the ability to analyze general ledger and financial statement information and the ability to understand sophisticated tax issues.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical capabilities.
- Proficient in tax return preparation software and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Uncompromised commitment to highest level of confidentiality in all aspects of job responsibilities.