Human Relations - Full-time
The Talent Services Partner will develop and maintain a thorough understanding of talent services related needs within assigned areas of RDV Corporation and OA Private Capital. The Talent Services Partner will provide coaching, counseling, and advice that addresses recruitment, retention, employee relations, policy and compliance, and other talent services related needs. Additionally, the Talent Services Partner will collaborate with the Talent Services team to complete projects that advance the work of the team and have positive organizational impact.
Our Unique Benefits
At RDV, we are intentional about enriching our culture and employee experiences through a unique blend of benefit offerings that include:
- Robust health insurance options with competitive employer contributions.
- 401k retirement plan with a generous employer match of up to 7.5%.
- Grab and Go Deli/Market with employer-provided account credit of $650/year.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 22 days per year in addition to paid holidays.
- Fun culinary experiences and connecting with co-workers at monthly catered lunches, free of charge to employees.
- Employer paid parking in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids.
- Education and training reimbursement programs.
- Discounted memberships to MVP Sportsplex.
What You’ll Do
- Provides exceptionally positive experiences to all current and potential employees and those affiliated with RDV/OA by delivering services with a high-level of professionalism and a “servant’s heart” approach.
- Facilitates talent sourcing, recruitment, and onboarding activities in order to ensure the organization is adding and retaining talented individuals who are also a great cultural fit.
- Assists leaders and employees with a wide variety of talent services items including: employee retention, restructuring, position/department alignment, job descriptions, policy interpretation, disciplinary issues, employee complaints, individual and team performance and development, etc.
- Facilitates onboarding and training activities as assigned.
- Facilitates exit interviews, identifies concerns, appropriately communicates those concerns, and makes recommendations based upon identified issues.
- Pro-actively looks for, suggests, and acts on alternative, creative, and innovative ways to best accomplish superior outcomes.
- Exhibits foresight in recognizing potential workforce problems and/or needs and provides solution options that outline pros and cons, potential risks, and desired outcomes.
- Establishes and fosters an environment of open communication between all levels of positions within and outside of Talent Services.
- Assists with or leads assigned talent services related projects.
- Actively supports team and organizational change initiatives.
- Remains informed of developing trends and legislation and of developing internal talent services needs.
- Provides exemplary service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in management, human resources, or similar discipline required.
- SPHR and/or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with progressively increased responsibilities in human resources.
- Proven ability to make a positive impact on the overall culture and outcomes of an organization through providing value added partnerships, exceptional experiences, and best in class HR practices.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication and presentation skills, creating content that is appropriate for audiences at all levels of an organization.
- Successful track record of analyzing moderately complex problems and recommend appropriate and productive solutions.
- Proven successful collaboration skills to reach win-win solutions.
- Problem solving and conflict management skills with proven success in employee issue resolution.
- Motivated and solution oriented with a high degree of integrity, ethics, discretion, and dedication to the mission of the organization.
- Broad range of human resources and business experiences desired.
- Must occasionally be able to work an irregular schedule and additional hours.