Human Relations - Full-time
The Talent Services Assistant will create an exceptional experience for potential and current employees through professional, warm, and engaging interactions. In addition, the Talent Services Assistant is responsible for providing hands-on, pro-active support, coordination, and facilitation of a variety of Talent Services related activities related to: recruiting, on-boarding, process improvement and consistency, data coordination, employee engagement, and special events.
Culture of Care
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment, On-boarding, and Employee Information
- Create and post available job opportunities and assist with the applicant tracking database.
- Schedule interviews for assigned Talent Services team members.
- Greet and escort candidates when they arrive at RDV Corp ensuring a warm welcome and high level of hospitality.
- Ensure meeting rooms are prepared in advance of on-site or virtual interviews.
- Perform comprehensive background check and vetting practices, including such items as reference checks, drug screens. etc.
- Coordinate the administration of pre-employment testing.
- Assist in the coordination of new employee orientation program. Generate ideas and implement improvements that will enhance the candidates’ first day experience.
- Facilitate the coordination of and participate in the onboarding process for new employees.
- Ensure all new hire paperwork is completed properly. Complete Form I-9 document with new hires, review I-9 documents for accuracy prior to filing, and maintain tracking to conduct annual audit of I-9 documents.
- Establish and maintain a great working partnership with Payroll to ensure all information regarding new hires, terminations, employee promotions and status changes, etc. is shared in a timely manner.
Employee Engagement and Events
- Actively assist with special events and employee engagement activities.
- Display a willingness to assist in any way needed before, during and after special events and employee engagement activities.
General Talent Services Support
- Handle multiple priorities and deadlines with attention to detail, excellent follow through, and confidentiality.
- Pro-actively look for, suggest, and act on alternative, creative, and innovative ways to best accomplish superior outcomes.
- Exhibit foresight in recognizing potential problems, needs and/or inefficiencies, and pro-actively develop and propose solutions.
- Assist assigned Talent Services team members with calendar management.
- Greet guests upon arrival in the Talent Services Department.
- Provide timely assistance to team members regarding basic talent services related questions and issues.
- Receive/distribute departmental mail
- Provide research and project support to the team as requested.
- Assist in ensuring legal compliance.
- Remain up-to-date on employment law and applicable compliance related topics. Communicate any updates received to the Talent Services Team.
- Track required employee training, certifications, and licenses
- Update employee portal with various forms, calendar of events, general announcements, etc.
- Code and process invoices; submit to accounting for payment.
- Monitor office supply inventory and place orders as needed.
- Schedule appointments and coordinate meeting arrangements as needed.
- Handle all responsibilities with a high level of confidentiality.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Elements of Success
- Associates degree in business-related field required or equivalent experience working in Human Resources.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience performing business related duties and providing administrative support preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Human Resources Information Systems preferred.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, follow-through, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to interface with a diverse array of audiences.
- Strong comfort-level working with confidential and sensitive information, as well as an uncompromised commitment to the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, ethics, discretion, and dedication to the mission of the organization.
- Ability to be flexible and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.