Human Relations - Full-time
The success of our organization relies on the recruitment and retention of high-caliber people who are technically proficient, have a passion to serve, and are the right cultural fit. The Talent Acquisition Partner works closely with other Talent Services Professionals and the hiring managers to gain a thorough understanding of their current and future talent needs, and delivers value added services to source and hire top “right fit” talent. In addition, the TA Partner will seek out, recommend, and facilitate “best in class” recruiting and onboarding practices to create exceptional experiences for all potential candidates regardless if they are selected or not.
Culture of Care
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a primary contact for all aspects of talent acquisition related needs for assigned functional areas within the organization (as well as additional positions in other functional areas whenever needed).
- Sources and screens qualified candidates for open positions, makes candidate recommendations to the assigned Talent Services Professional and hiring managers and assists as necessary with coordinating on-site interviews, candidate assessment, hiring and onboarding.
- Has refined advanced knowledge and consults, advises, and partners with Talent Services Professionals and managers on a wide variety of recruitment and onboarding related activities; including applicant tracking & reporting, employment advertising, candidate sourcing and networking, professional agencies, personality and other employment related testing/assessments, job offer & negotiating, position/department alignment, job descriptions, etc.
- Displays superior proficiency in assessing and articulating candidate analysis for recommendations and informed decision making.
- Displays a thorough understanding of all the many tangible and intangible benefits and rewards of employment with RDV Corp/Staffing, and is able to represent and articulate those to potential candidates in order to:
- Heighten candidate interest.
- Differentiate us from other organizations.
- Set the table and make the offer and benefit package conversation more fluid and straightforward.
- Create an exceptional experience where candidates feel informed and cared for, saying good things about RDV Corp/Staffing and the many benefits of working here, whether they receive an employment offer or not.
- Displays the ability to fully vet candidates through probing behavioral interview questions, progressive recruiting practices (including scenario and simulation exercises where applicable), close and careful attention to the alignment of presented (and withheld) information, and comprehensive background check and vetting practices.
- Assists to create and facilitate training programs for managers regarding “Right Fit” and best in class recruiting and onboarding practices.
- Consults with managers and assists to coach and continually develop their skills in interviewing, selecting, and onboarding new employees with excellence.
- Establishes and fosters an environment of open and pro-active communication with assigned functional areas.
- Facilitates talent selection, recruitment, onboarding, and engagement activities to ensure the organization is adding and retaining the best, most elite group of talented individuals who are also the right cultural fit.
- Provides exceptionally positive experiences to all current and potential employees, leaders, and constituencies through delivering value added services with a high-level of professionalism delivered with compassion and a healthy dose of a “human touch.”
- Pro-actively looks for, suggests, and acts on alternative, creative, and innovative ways to best accomplish superior talent and employee related outcomes.
- Exhibits foresight in recognizing potential recruitment and/or onboarding problems, needs, or improvements, and pro-actively develops solutions.
- Successfully assists with and/or leads talent services related projects including those involving a high degree of organizational impact.
- Actively supports team and organizational change initiatives.
- Continuously reviews talent acquisition, onboarding, and referral procedures & programs and initiates/implements appropriate changes.
- Monitors compliance to recruitment related employment laws, policies and procedures; and acts to ensure compliance.
- Remains informed of developing human resource trends and legislation and of developing internal human resource needs.
- Provides coaching, mentoring, and counsel to more junior Talent Services team members.
- Demonstrates and promotes organizational Standards of Excellence.
- Provides GREAT service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Elements of Success
- Bachelor’s degree in management, human resources, or similar discipline required.
- PHR or SHRM – CP preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience with progressively increased responsibilities in human resources, preferably with an emphasis in talent recruitment and onboarding.
- Proven ability to make a positive impact on the overall culture and outcomes of an organization through providing value added HR partnerships, exceptional experiences, and best in class HR practices.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcends to diverse audiences at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent ability to negotiate with a positive “win-win” mentality, managing expectations and “selling” the many positive aspects of joining the RDV Corp/Staffing team.
- Proven collaboration skills.
- Must be highly motivated and solution oriented with a high degree of integrity, ethics, discretion, and dedication to the mission of the organization.