Technical - Full-time
This hands-on position will work collaboratively with a team to support the design, implementation, operation, and maintenance of the technology systems of RDV Corporation. The Systems Administrator will provide high-touch, end-user support to RDV employees related to desktops, systems, meeting spaces, and audio-visual requests.
Our Unique Benefits
At RDV, we are intentional about enriching our culture and employee experiences through a unique blend of benefit offerings that include:
- Robust health insurance options with competitive employer contributions.
- 401k retirement plan with a generous employer match of up to 7.5%.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 22 days per year in addition to 9 paid holidays.
- Flexibility through Remote Option Fridays (position dependent).
- Grab and Go Deli/Market with employer-provided account credit of $650/year.
- Fun culinary experiences and connecting with co-workers at monthly catered lunches, free of charge to employees.
- Employer paid parking in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids.
- Education and training reimbursement programs.
- Discounted memberships to MVP Sportsplex.
What You’ll Do
- Appropriately address and respond to inquiries and problems in a timely manner.
- Work with RDV Corporation employees and executives in a pleasant, professional, confident, and confidential manner.
- Always maintain the highest level of customer service and professionalism.
- Understand and communicate complex technical ideas and structures to people with widely varying skills and interests.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary.
- Be available for support outside of regular business hours as needed.
- Participate in strategic planning for the technology needs of RDV Corporation.
- Remain current with technology trends and industry developments; share knowledge with RDV Corporation employees when appropriate.
- User onboarding and offboarding tasks.
- Support computers and mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets.
- Purchase, install, modify and make minor repairs to hardware and software.
- Provide technical assistance and training for general computer use.
- Administer and maintain peripherals such as printers and scanners.
- Support videoconferencing and presentation systems.
- Deploy, update, inventory, and maintain computers and mobile devices using VMWare Workspace One or Microsoft Intune.
- Add, change, update, and delete software and their associated deployment packages.
- Support various software packages used by employees.
- Install and maintain anti-virus, anti-malware, and system software.
- Maintain computer hardware replacement schedule and order and deploy equipment as needed.
- Research, test, propose and demo (as appropriate) computers and related technologies.
- Work with outside vendors to coordinate purchasing, support, installation and repair of technology-related products and services.
- Support physical desktop phones and general administration of phone accounts.
- Participate in project meetings to discuss planning for infrastructure projects.
- Provide custom training and training documentation as needed or requested.
- Develop and maintain procedures and documentation.
- Participate in other project and support activities as assigned.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. An educational emphasis in information technology or additional training in network or computing technologies required.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in computer/technology support.
- Experience with most of the following technologies required:
- Windows 10/11 administration and support
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Remote desktop technologies
- Advanced Microsoft Outlook administration and support
- Zoom and/or Microsoft Teams videoconferencing
- Apple iPhone and iPad support
- Active Directory administration
- Cellular technology/cellular networks, including voice, data, and mobile wireless (“MiFi”) devices
- Network and Internet communications
- VoIP telephone systems
- VMWare Workspace One/AirWatch or Microsoft Intune experience a plus
- PowerShell a plus
- Facilitation skills, negotiation skills and the ability to document thoroughly.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical capabilities.
- Uncompromised commitment to the highest level of customer service and confidentiality in all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Non-routine hours over eight (8) hours per day, forty (40) hours per week and five (5) days a week.
- Lifting fifty (50) pounds to a maximum height of four (4) feet.
- Climbing steps and stairs; stooping and bending.
- Must have a reliable vehicle to run errands as needed; mileage reimbursed at IRS rate.