Nanny / Childcare - Seasonal/Temporary
Private household looking for high quality care of two young children in Grand Rapids and Holland, Michigan. Primary focus of the position will be to play with the children and assist with transportation to and from commitments.
Hours and Schedule
Full-time position working an average of 40 hours/week during the summer from June – September. Daily hours would be 9am – 7:30/8pm. Looking for a candidate with availability and flexibility for weekend babysitting coverage as needed.
Culture of Care
RDV Staffing provides domestic, household and property related positions predominately in West Michigan. We recruit only the most skilled and dedicated people who are service-oriented, collaborative, adaptable, and who possess the highest level of integrity. Our employees experience a meaningful workplace where they can make a valuable and appreciated impact in the household(s) that they serve. Full-time employees of RDV Staffing are eligible for a robust healthcare program, 401(k) plan with a generous 7.5% match, time off, and other meaningful benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Tends to daily basic physical, emotional, and safety needs of children. Must be knowledgeable and experienced and possess a genuine love of children.
- Plans and participates in a variety of activities and games with children; including creative play, educational learning, arts and crafts, outings, etc. Reads to and with children.
- Provides transportation to children as required by their schedules. Drives vehicle, adheres to motor vehicle rules, regulations, and speed limits at all times, and adheres to route preferences requested by parents.
- Assists with preparing healthy snacks and meals, focusing on nutritional needs of the children.
- Performs basic household duties, including but not limited to: load, run, and unload the dishwasher; wipe down surfaces after activities, snacks, and meals; place dirty clothes in hampers; and load, run, and unload the washing and drying machine.
- Performs general household organizational duties; including organizing closets, drawers, bookshelves, etc.
- Performs special projects as requested in order to ensure overall smooth and efficient operation of household.
- May be needed for weekend babysitting coverage as requested.
- Exercises open verbal and written communications with parents.
Elements of Success
- Previous nanny experience preferred; background or coursework in education or child development field preferred.
- Previous experience planning creative play and educational learning activities for children.
- Responsibilities are conducted primarily in the home(s) of the client of RDV Staffing. While an employer/employee relationship exists, it is important that employee is genuinely committed to contributing to a happy home environment. May be required to “pitch in” to perform a household task not specifically outlined within this job description, always keeping in mind the care of the children is always the highest priority.
- Must be willing to be flexible in work hours.
- Must remain focused on work agenda at all times, providing not only physical care for the children, but also develop a friendship with them, act as companion, respect their feelings, build trust, and provide a positive role model, always cognizant that young people’s lives are greatly influenced through words and actions.
- Must be committed to contributing to children’s spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, artistic, and physical development, provide comfort and guidance, warmth and security on an individual basis.
- Must be a responsible, dedicated, and dependable person of highest integrity; neat and tidy in appearance; organized and reliable; cheerful and positive in attitude; exhibit pride in service provided; and demonstrate a genuine love for children.
- The family’s privacy is of critical importance; highest level of confidentiality must be exercised at all times.