Food Service - Seasonal/Temporary
Position Title: Summer Cook
Classification: Summer Position
Reports To: Food Service Director
Direct Reports: Kitchen Specialists
Key Relationships: Dining Host(ess), Program Director, Program Coordinators
The Summer Cook works directly for the Food Service Director. They shall primarily be responsible for preparing food and ensuring quality; following schedules, menus, food leftover storage procedures, and other assignments; coordinating pre-meal duties for high school servant team members; and the maintenance and cleaning of all kitchen equipment.
Key Job Functions
- Prepares food and ensures quality of delivery to the plate.
- Follow schedules, menus, food leftover storage procedures, and other assignments.
- Cleans kitchen equipment and assists with other cleaning as available.
- Coordinates pre-meal duties according to schedules prepared by the Food Service Director.
- A summer staff member in a small organization like Pine Ridge is often called upon to perform a wide variety of duties. This may include many of the following duties (not an exhaustive list):
- Assisting with maintenance duties like repairs, construction, landscaping, and lawn care.
- Assisting with housekeeping duties like cleaning, sweeping, and mopping.
10:00am- Attend Support Team Devotional
11:00pm- Prepare Lunch
12:00pm- Serve Lunch
1:00pm- Clean Up Lunch
2:00pm- Complete extra kitchen projects as time allows
4:00pm- Prepare Dinner
5:00pm- Serve Dinner
6:00pm- Clean Up Dinner
- Agrees with the philosophies, policies, and procedures of Pine Ridge Bible Camp.
- Has a sincere love for the Lord and a desire to see campers come to know and grow in Him.
- Is willing to forego personal rights for the common good of the camp and camper.
- Is flexible and able to work with campers and other staff members.
- Communicates clearly both orally and in writing.
- Be in good standing with a local church.
- Must be at least 18 years of age with preference given to applicants that are 21 or older.
- Should have previous experience in quantity food service or equivalent training.
- Must have current ServSafe Food Safety Manager certification or be willing to be certified.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Must be able to lift, bend, and twist.
- Ability to push and pull loads.
- Must be able to lift frequently up to 35 lbs.; occasionally 35-100 lbs. with assistance
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Auditory ability to hear and understand conversational levels of sound in an ordinary office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, types of work performed, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. They are not intended or should be taken as an exhaustive list of and responsibilities, duties, and requirements of personnel so classified. All indicated qualifications, duties and functions are essential job functions for purposes of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).Apply Now