Food Service - Seasonal/Temporary
$50.00 per day
Number of openings for this position
- Day shift
Camp Tall Turf is an ACA accredited camp located in Walkerville, MI.
Free transportation is provided to and from Grand Rapids each session.
Consider spending your summer at Camp Tall Turf! Camp Tall Turf seeks to provide a culturally diverse and inclusive Christian camp experience for youth ages 8-13 and 14-17, as well as providing weekend camp experiences for families. Tall Turf’s goals are to pursue and advance God’s vision of wholeness, unity, justice, peace, and healing for today’s increasingly diverse and urban world by building relationships that make a positive and lasting difference in the lives of youth. We do this through activities such as archery, sports, canoeing, fishing, drama, dance, choir, and more! Camp runs from June 1 through August 12 with adequate breaks between each session and Independence Day weekend off duty.
Function: Responsibility for overnight programming and equipment maintenance. Additional assistance for food service and ground maintenance.
This multi-faceted job includes:
· Orienting staff in campout procedures and familiarizing them with appropriate equipment
· Coordinating and implementing the delivery of food and supplies for all campouts and daily kitchen assistance when available
· Maintaining and inventory of all supplies for campouts and cabin activities and communicating needs to the Program Director
· Maintaining all campout equipment and supervising its careful use
· Participating in other camp activities when needed
· Minimum age of 21 years.
· Knowledge of camp, DHS and USDA government regulations pertaining to food service, preparations and storage.
· Experience in cooking and kitchen maintenance, ovens, warmers, and dishwashers.
· Supervisory experience preferred.
· Valid Michigan Chauffeur’s License.
· Experience with camping in a rustic setting.
· Ability to create a reliable organizational system.
Salary: Stipend, housing and meals while on duty
Other positions available to apply for include:
Youth Camp Counselor, Summer Program Manager, Health and Wellness Officer, Staff Pastor, Food Service Manager, Waterfront Director, Environmental Education Manager, Adventure Program Manager, Leader in Training Mentor, Leader in Training