Other Ministries - Full-time
This staff associate position is a vital leadership position within the Northeast Grand Rapids Area. We are looking for a vibrant, high-energy staff associate who will develop and create a thriving ministry in two clubs and will provide leadership and supervision to other leaders across the area. This individual must be skilled in relational ministry and have the ability to develop teams of volunteer leaders and adult committee members. Having significant autonomy, this individual must be adept at managing time and be a strong communicator. We are looking to fill this position beginning summer of 2022.
Be active in all “5 C’s” of Young Life
- Contact Work: Intentionally interact weekly with students informally outside of club.
- Club: Help prepare, invite, attend and participate in weekly club meetings.
- Campaigners: Lead or participate in a Campaigners Bible study.
- Camp: Lead one weekend and one summer camp trip.
- Committee: Develop and build a team of adults around the ministry of Young Life.
- You will be a spiritual leader responsible for discipling and developing students, leaders and adults.
- You will recruit, develop, train and support teams of volunteers to serve as leaders and committee members.
- Together with the area director, you will maintain and build on the existing support base with a vision for financial sustainability and growth.
- You will be a minister of the Gospel and work directly with students in one or two clubs, depending on context.
- You will be responsible for maintaining current and accurate lists and information relative to the ministries with which you work.
Teamwork and Community Engagement
- You will work with the local committee to build community awareness and connections and support the overall organization of the area.
- Be active in weekly staff meetings.
- Mature and active relationship with Jesus Christ, a part of a local church and living a God-fearing life in all areas in accordance with Young Life’s Faith and Conduct Policy.
- Strong Christian faith, knowledge of God’s Word and ability to lead others to Christ.
- Experience in youth ministry and proven relational skills with adolescents.
- Demonstrates a desire to reach ALL KIDS and an ability to adapt ministry based on race, gender, identity, socio-economic, etc.
- Has the ability to grow and maintain a wide variety of relationships (kids, leaders, adults, etc.).
- Proficient in communication: verbal, written, digital.
- Collaborates well with others as part of the staff team and demonstrates a level of teachability, humility and accountability to those who lead and follow.
- Proven track record of self-starting and taking initiative.
- Possess high capacity and high energy level.
- Ability to manage various projects and schedules with attention to details and desire to maintain a varying schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Young Life experience is helpful but not required.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage (at no cost to you).
- Expense reimbursement for ministry-related expenses.
- Strong regional support and training.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- 401(k) matching plan (up to four percent).
- Health club benefit.
- And more!
This description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making compensation decisions.Apply Now