Accounting / Finance - Full-time
Develops and coordinates sponsorship relationships for refugees arriving through the Reception and Placement program. Serves as a Samaritas liaison between church and community groups to support resettlement and employment staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct outreach to churches and faith groups, individuals, and other community groups providing information about refugee resettlement in assigned geographic areas.
- Recruit groups to sponsor resettling families through presentations, meetings, and other forms of individual communications.
- Develop, secure and coordinate financial resources for the implementation of the sponsorship program goals and objectives.
- Train sponsoring groups to understand scope, duration, and expectations regarding sponsorship of refugees. Share best practices for volunteers supporting resettlement.
- Match incoming families to sponsoring groups and serve as a link for communication and facilitation between the sponsoring group and New American Case Managers.
- Monitor, track and document sponsorship activities in organizational databases. Analyze data to determine most successful recruitment activities.
- Create and utilize branding materials for Samaritas New American Services for the purposes of outreach and recruitment, including but not limited to: presentations, brochures, handouts, displays, and newsletters. Partner with Samaritas Communications and Advancements department when appropriate.
- Collaborate with Volunteer Coordinators to develop trainings, motivational meetings, and appreciation events for New American Services volunteers.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, marketing, faith/religious studies, social work, or other related field preferred, or four years equivalent work experience.
- Minimum two years’ experience working with local faith communities, public outreach, or related equivalent experience. • One year experience in refugee or other international services field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven skills in marketing and recruitment. General knowledge of software: database, spreadsheet, word processing, desktop publishing.
- Ability to speak, read and write fluent English. Fluent in Arabic, French, Kirundi, or Swahili preferred.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills. Comfortable presenting and speaking to both small and large audiences.
- Ability to connect and relate to diverse faith and community groups.
- Ability to assign, direct and coordinate the activities of others and monitor progress on delegated work assignments.
- Strong written skills to communicate with partners, sponsoring groups, and Samaritas staff. Successfully document and track all activities.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, perform highly detailed work and mathematical functions; withstand stress and handle multiple, concurrent task and constant interruptions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of government structures, agencies and policies which impact Refugee Services program. Ability to read and interpret documents.