Accounting / Finance - Full-time
The Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for workpaper and tax return preparation and review, tax planning analysis, and tax return estimate calculations. The Senior Tax Accountant will collaborate with the dedicated Tax team to provide exceptional service and counsel to the business entities, individuals, trusts, and foundations that RDV Corporation serves.
Culture of Care
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with the Tax Group in the detailed and accurate preparation and review of the following tax returns for individuals, trusts, business entities, and foundations:
- Federal and state income tax returns.
- Personal property tax returns.
- Sales and use tax returns.
- Excise tax returns.
- Calculation of estimated tax payments.
- Review fixed asset depreciation reports including input into depreciation software.
- Respond to information requests resulting from IRS and state exams of income.
- Research tax issues on reporting of income and deductions for investments.
- Conduct analysis and complete projects related to federal and state income tax planning.
- Maintain basis calculations on investments.
- Obtain EINs for new entities and trusts.
- Collaboratively oversee and guide staff level team members to provide exceptional tax management services to RDV Corporation’s stakeholders.
- Communicate cross-departmentally to transfer and receive necessary tax information.
- Display pro-active initiative to research, suggest, and implement efficiencies and best practices within the tax management lifecycle.
Elements of Success
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in public accounting or equivalent.
- CPA license preferred.
- Must have a strong attention to detail with the ability to analyze general ledger and financial statement information and the ability to understand sophisticated tax issues.
- Must display strong problem-solving skills and analytical capabilities.
- Demonstrates exceptional accuracy and ownership of project work and results. Follows through on commitments.
- Proficient in tax return preparation software, financial software, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, verbal, and written communications skills with the ability to collaborate with a variety of people including internal team members, business executives, clients, external partners, vendors, and government representatives.
- Uncompromising commitment to highest level of confidentiality in all aspects of job responsibilities.