Accounting / Finance - Full-time
We’re looking for an energetic, strategic, politically astute professional to join our team. This individual will lead a new and bold initiative called Facing Home. As the Senior Program Officer for the initiative, you will collaborate broadly, think strategically, manage relationships, and oversee a portfolio of grants aimed at preventing and solving homelessness in Kent County, Michigan.
The Senior Program Officer will be a highly professional and credible person with an orientation toward action, a willingness to take calculated risks, test new ideas, and adapt thoughtfully in response to learnings. The ideal candidate will be a demonstrated problem-solver. This position requires comfort in working independently, collaborating, and accomplishing objectives across multiple partnerships and teams.
Culture of Care
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
Advancing the Initiative’s Goals & External Relationship Management
- Relentlessly pursue the foundational principle that homelessness is solvable; ensure the initiative’s daily activities are consistent with that point of view.
- Initiate, develop, and advance new partnerships across public, private, nonprofit, and philanthropic sectors to connect opportunities and relationships aimed at furthering the initiative’s goals and objectives.
- Facilitate the sharing of leading practices, community trends, obstacles, and opportunities across the initiative.
- Communicate the work and impact of the initiative to internal and external audiences.
- Lead and facilitate or support internal and external stakeholder meetings as needed.
- Build and maintain a national network of communities and leaders who are piloting and testing.
- Support local policy efforts that align with the housing security initiative’s desired outcomes.
Program Design and Management
- Lead and facilitate the overall program design in adherence with design principles.
- Manage the grant-making process and portfolio, including content and strategy for selection of grantees, grantee support and communication, design of outcome monitoring and evaluation, attainment of key performance indicators.
- Manage the initiative’s budget in collaboration with finance and accounting departments.
- Communicate progress and learnings of the initiative.
- Create and maintain a partnership dashboard that visibly represents the progress being made toward the initiative’s key performance indicators; work with partners to ensure the dashboard’s data is aligned and linked to county-wide housing security metrics.
- Conduct and monitor research on housing security and related topics; use research to guide strategy, inform communication, identify system change issues and solutions.
Elements of Success
- Six years of experience in executive leadership role (responsible for oversight of complex budgeting, people development, and overall results), economic development, community design, planning, or policy role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (business, administration, social work, etc.) .
- Knowledge of the local housing landscape and leading practices related to housing security.
- Experience with prevention strategies or community planning.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, especially in uncertain circumstances.
- Excellent organizational skills and project management with the ability to prioritize and follow through on projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with all levels of leadership in a highly professional manner; the highest level of confidentiality must be exercised at all times.
- Ability to be flexible in working additional hours if requested.
About the Facing Home Initiative
RDV Philanthropy is leading a strategic initiative called Facing Home that will focus on housing security in Kent County. Facing Home will work across multiple sectors to create a comprehensive community-based strategy with the mindset that homelessness is preventable and ultimately solvable. More than 60 local nonprofits currently focus on a continuum of needs in housing security, ranging from emergency shelters to insecurely housed to housed by choice. While good work is happening, the intention is to supercharge these efforts with an all-inclusive, holistic approach. The Facing Home initiative will convene aligned partners to create a broad-based, upstream solution focused on addressing the factors that cause individuals to lose housing in the first place.