Other - Full-time
Responsible for leading marketing and communications strategy and execution directly related to Our Daily Bread Ministries partnerships, church audiences, and VOICES brand initiatives. This position is responsible for aligning all marketing and communication for these teams to the greater Our Daily Bread brand and marketing initiatives to fulfill the mission of Our Daily Bread Ministries. The person selected for this role will work in a close collaborative relationship with the Director of US Partnerships and Church Engagement and will report to the VP of US Marketing and Audience Engagement.
- Lead marketing and communications strategy for the following:
- Partnerships and church engagement, which includes churches, pastors, chaplains, and others.
- VOICES, the Our Daily Bread brand that creates and distributes content developed by content creators of color.
This includes writing and executing marketing plans for church campaigns that support strategic initiatives, collaborating with publishing and media marketing teams on marketing VOICES brand resources to ensure brand consistency, providing cover direction for special edition resources, setting KPI goals, managing reporting, and more. Efficient and effective collaboration with marketing and design teams for global and US marketing and publishing and media marketing are keys to success in this position.
- Oversee and manage marketing budget for areas of responsibility.
- Work closely with US digital marketing team on social media and email strategy, including occasional asset and marketing content creation as needed.
- Proactively work with research team to plan necessary testing, reporting, and implementation in a timely manner.
- Maintain and manage the church partnerships and church engagement and VOICES messaging strategy and brand guidelines.
- Lead special projects as assigned by Vice President of US Marketing and Audience Engagement.
Study or Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field is required.
- At least 5 years of proven professional experience in strategic marketing planning and execution is required.
- Although a non-profit, publishing, or media background is not required, candidates that have this type of experience could receive preferential consideration.
- Strong ability to provide clear, print and digital design and copy direction and responding in a timely and helpful manner to improve the creative process on budget and schedule is required.
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities.
- Experience in brand development and management.
- Ability to transition and manage workload between multiple projects with overlapping deadlines.
- Experience in copywriting for print and digital is preferred but not required.
- Digital design experience is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of and practice in applying SAFe methodologies is preferred.
- Working experience with Asana, Slack, Google Docs, Microsoft Office, and SalesForce Marketing, and Cloud/SalesForce CRM is preferred.
Internal Work Environment
- Must be capable of diplomatic partnership style communication with all ministry teams.
- Excellent and diplomatic oral/written communication required.
- Persuasion, discretion, and tact needed to educate and gain support for complex design efforts with individuals and/or groups throughout the organization.
External Work Environment
- High degree of communication required in networking with other organizations, consultants, and vendors. Professionalism, tact, and persuasion required.
- Responsible for decisions that will affect how our public views Our Daily Bread Ministries.
- Provide direction and lead marketing efforts related to church engagement and partnerships and VOICES.
- Consult with the global and US digital marketing and design, print design, and other teams responsible for the associated ministry activity.
- Advocate for end-users by prioritizing the user experience in all project and campaign efforts.
- Able to lead with excellence and clarity and provide explanation and direction of ministry efforts to involved departments/individuals so that all involved fully understand project goal(s), expected results, and required services.
Stewardship of Resources,
- Responsible for the outcome and response of all partnerships and church engagement and VOICES efforts in the form of lives ministered to and contributions received.
- Responsible for collaborating with processes, workflows, and environments to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
Miscellaneous: Some travel required.
Based on biblical principles, our statement of faith and the richness of our organization’s history, we will strive to reflect our commitment to diversity by honoring the ministry’s mission, vision, values/ethos and guiding principles.
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and Inclusion