Technical - Full-time
The Senior Information Technology Analyst is part of the RDV Wakestream IT team and is responsible for the design, implementation, operation, and maintenance of the technology systems utilized by the Windquest Group.
The Senior Information Technology Analyst is the technology wizard who enjoys wearing multiple hats within the IT space. We are looking for someone who enjoys working with people and technology as well as someone that enjoys building IT from scratch. In this role, you will manage large projects, ensure our systems and software are set up and secure, and troubleshoot problems. Having knowledge and experience of hardware, software, and project management will be key. Windquest Group is an Apple/Mac company but understanding PCs will be important too.
Our Unique Benefits
At RDV, we are intentional about enriching our culture and employee experiences through a unique blend of benefit offerings that include:
- Robust health insurance options with competitive employer contributions.
- 401k retirement plan with a generous employer match of up to 7.5%.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 22 days per year in addition to 9 paid holidays.
- Flexibility through Remote Option Fridays (position dependent).
- Grab and Go Deli/Market with employer-provided account credit of $650/year.
- Fun culinary experiences and connecting with co-workers at monthly catered lunches, free of charge to employees.
- Employer paid parking in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids.
- Education and training reimbursement programs.
- Discounted memberships to MVP Sportsplex.
About The Windquest Group
Windquest Group, Inc. is a family-owned, private equity and investment management firm with its headquarters located in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan. Simply put, we invest in people and ideas that aim to make an impact in our city, our community, and our world. We span a diverse set of industries – consumer products, manufacturing, food and beverage, and sustainability solutions.
The right candidate for this position will join a motivated, work-hard-play-hard, close-knit team, will enjoy a wide array of benefits and the opportunity to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
What You’ll Do
- Create and execute Windquest’s Information Technology strategy and roadmap.
- Work closely with Windquest business partners to understand their business needs, system challenges, and opportunities in the context of the specific project detailed requirements.
- Interpret, gather and define detailed business requirements to help resolve issues or plan for new changes and technologies. Find efficiencies and improvements to the business process.
- Analyze and map business and technical processes (current state/future state). Produce high quality documentation and business process models, as a result of the discovery and evaluation process.
- Build relationships between all business partners by building trust and creating a credible partnership utilizing transparent communication.
- Monitor the original requirements throughout the project life cycle and implementation to ensure that they are effectively delivered then accepted by our business partners.
- Drive the desired business value-added results by aligning all technology needs and the overall priorities. Adhere to established IT policies and procedures including the Project Lifecycle Methodology.
- When applicable, work closely with external partners and/or vendors to document and develop quality requirements for requested business solutions.
- Lead Information Technology projects utilizing agile processes to meet deliverables.
- Perform software analysis and system selection for complex systems including on premise, hybrid and cloud-based applications, working closely with key stakeholders and customers.
- Upgrade, install, and configure new hardware and software to meet company objectives.
- Effective troubleshooting abilities within different programs and operating systems (preferably Mac OS).
- Communicate effectively within the Windquest team, Wakestream IT team, and with external stakeholders (e.g. businesses and technical counterparts).
- Assist employee (end users) with training and technical knowledge, recommending solutions or alternatives to meet end-user needs and help them perform their job more efficiently.
- Communicate status, metrics, risks, and issues on a timely basis.
- Create and maintain an Information Technology service catalog.
- Troubleshoot and fix Technology issues as they arise in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the Wakestream IT team to support the monitoring of networks and servers.
- Collaborate with the Wakestream IT team to create user accounts and perform access control.
- Manage the document management system.
- Assist with information technology security audits and remediation.
- Design and implement error reporting systems.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at a single time.
- Onboard and offboard employee technology set-up.
- Support all office hardware such as laptops, desktops, printers, installation of equipment, and regular troubleshooting.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years of relevant experience in IT support or related experience.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational, and time management skills.
- Experience with remote desktop technologies.
- Experience with two factor authentication and other cyber security best practices.
- Apple product support, including laptops, desktops, iPhones/iPads, and other Apple/Mac hardware and software.
- Experience with desktop videoconferencing software such as Zoom, MS Teams, Facetime, etc.
- Experience with file sync/share software/services such as Dropbox.
- Experience supporting cellular technology/cellular networks, including voice, data and mobile wireless (“air card”) devices.
- Knowledge of mobile and wireless computing.
- Experience with mobile device management software/service helpful.
- Knowledge of network and Internet (TCP/IP) communications.
- Windows 10 and Mac OS X administration and support.
- Microsoft Office 365 for Windows and Mac with an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
- Facilitation skills, negotiation skills and the ability to document thoroughly.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical capabilities.
- Uncompromising commitment to the highest level of customer service and confidentiality in all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Willingness and ability to travel regionally. Frequency of travel fluctuates.