Marketing - Full-time
CURE International is a Christian non-profit organization operating a global network of eight pediatric hospitals in Africa and the Philippines. Our mission is rooted in Luke 9:2 – ‘to heal the sick and proclaim the kingdom of God.’ We seek out the most vulnerable and underserved to provide sponsored surgical care to children living with treatable disabilities. Our hospitals and programs depend on a team of dedicated, talented professionals. We need YOU to consider joining our team as we continue to grow our mission.
We are seeking candidates for an opportunity as our Senior Graphic Designer at our Mission Support Center located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
The Senior Graphic Designer plays an important role in the process of creating print and digital collateral that meet various needs for creative projects within the Advancement team and for the rest of the CURE network. This position requires interdepartmental coordination across CURE to ensure that all visual designs communicate desired messages and function successfully for a variety of audiences in order to support the goals of the organization. The ideal candidate is a creative individual, strong team leader, conceptual thinker, and talented designer. We are looking for a candidate who can inspire and be inspired by others to take our creative efforts to the next level, while implementing and helping establish brand standards across the CURE network.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and brainstorm design concepts for various marketing efforts.
- Convey ideas through sketches, storyboards, mood boards, and computer mockups.
- Work closely with a copywriter when one is assigned to the project.
- Present concepts to the Global Director of Marketing for approval.
- Identify key vendors needed in order to produce a job in areas such as web, photo, video and illustration.
- Work with vendors and direct them to achieve the desired outcome while keeping colleagues/superiors informed of progress.
- Attend photo and video shoots to ensure visual integrity and proper execution of the approved concept.
- Apply concepts and creativity to graphic design applications.
- Present concepts to other departments and explain desired visual outcomes in meetings.
- Look for ways to improve design department processes.
- Help manage and guide the design team in achieving their goals.
- Provide initial feedback and input to the design team on concepts and designs.
CORE COMPETENCIES/SKILLS/EDUCATION NEEDED
- Portfolio with design projects required (web or pdf).
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- Minimum 5-10 years of industry experience.
- Proficiency with design software such as Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives.
- Comprehensive knowledge of design principles, practices and production processes as well as digital file formats (tif, gif, eps, pdf, jpg).
- Excellent written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communication skills (client-facing and teamwork) and capability of maintaining strong relationships.
- Self-starter who can work well alone or on a team.
- Strong organizational skills, including multi-tasking and time management.
- Documentation management and ability to use project management tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Attention to detail even under pressure.
- Receptiveness to feedback and adaptability.
- Personal commitment to the mission, vision, and Statement of Faith of CURE International.
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith in order to be considered for this position.
This is a full-time, paid position that offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement, and paid time off.