Other - Full-time
Acquire and edit manuscripts for accuracy, organization, flow, appropriate style, sound biblical exegesis, clarity and conciseness of language, word choice, and appealing presentation; Oversees and coordinates the production of books and related publications; Manages key partnership publishing relationships.
- Manage the ongoing production of a publication from conception to Production. This includes scheduling, creating copy, editing, artwork creation (with design), and monitoring quality.
- Work closely with industry agents to acquire content that meet the ministry standards for publishing.
- Make first-pass evaluation of incoming manuscripts before presenting to the Editorial Review Committee.
- Evaluate and perform substantive editing for manuscripts and/or other ODBM content, giving feedback to authors and writers for revision.
- Co-manage the Editorial Assistants for the department.
- Work closely with Publisher and Executive Editor to fill seasonal publishing pipeline.
- Work with Marketing and Sales to develop distribution plans for ODB Publishing products.
- Develop and mentor writers and editors for all ministry efforts.
- Provide writing and editorial counsel for other ODB publications.
Study or Knowledge and Experience:
- BA degree in English and a theological or biblical understanding.
- Four years practical experience in the related field (journalism, publishing, etc.), including two years of experience as a managing editor.
- Leadership skills required.
- Current knowledge of trends in evangelicalism and Christian publishing.
- Strive to live a life consistent with Biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
- Must be in alignment both personally and professionally with the overall mission and goals of the ministry.
Internal Work Environment:
- Extensive communication with work teams involved in the production of ODB Publishing materials. Communication may be sensitive in handling personnel and author-related issues.
External Communication Requirements:
- Frequent communication with outside writers, agents, and free-lance editors.
- Responsible for communication with the ministry’s public through a ministry publication.
- Is a leader on the publishing editorial team.
- Responsible for working with staff and staff-related issues as directed or as they arise.
- Provides guidance and direction involved in the production of publications.
Stewardship of Resources:
- Responsible to maintain quality and scheduling standards.
- Influences the establishment of the budget. Works with other teams to identify cost saving opportunities.
Miscellaneous notes for consideration:
- Involves some travel.
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and Inclusion