Communications - Full-time
The Senior Communications Specialist will work as part of the Communications team to develop, oversee and participate in the implementation of communications efforts in support of RDV Corporation, its partners, its executives and its owners. The ideal candidate is curious, detail-oriented, energized by variety in their workday, dedicated to presenting high-quality work and customer service, and knowledgeable about business, community, policy and more. An individual with diverse experiences in proactive and reactive communications, in addition to online and offline expertise, will be well-suited for this role.
Culture of Care
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the Director of Communications and Communications Manager to develop online content, manage digital platforms and work with affiliated entities on related content efforts.
- Conducts secondary research, implements search engine optimization tactics, and manages newsletter development and distribution.
- Assumes ownership for an existing news and social media monitoring program with an eye toward further optimization and uncovering additional use cases.
- Partners with affiliated organizations to identify, create and implement external communications strategies and tactics.
- Conducts daily issues management efforts, including monitoring, material development and timely reporting on noteworthy items.
- Provides writing services, including talking points, social media posts, press releases, news-style articles and reports.
- Leads and participates in the development and implementation of communications projects of all sizes.
- Coordinates video shoots and audio content development, hands-on experience developing and implementing content a plus.
- Coordinates and works alongside agency partners – helps to establish working relationships and expected timelines.
- Exhibits project management skillset with desire to innovate and provide progressive solutions to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
Elements of Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, marketing, communications or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in communications and marketing.
- A proven analytical and strategic approach to communications strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic insights with a strong “roll up your sleeves to get the job done” mindset.
- Knowledge and experience with various storytelling and monitoring platforms.
- Excellent communications skills across a variety of mediums (written, visual, verbal and presentation).
- Strong judgement and comfort-level working with confidential, sensitive and proprietary information, as well as an uncompromised commitment to the highest level of confidentiality.
- Self-motivated with a strong performance-driven attitude, willing to execute day-to-day tasks as well as developing strategies and project plans.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build collaboration across multiple teams.
- A desire to research, learn about new things, identify creative solutions, and take an idea and grow it into something long-lasting and impactful.