Sales - Part-time
Grand Rapids Hardware Company is always looking for talented, experienced individuals to join our team. Work with a local, family owned small business in Grand Rapids, Michigan, where we are all a family.
About GRAND RAPIDS HARDWARE COMPANY
Grand Rapids Hardware Company – Your helpful hardware place. Opening in June 2022, GR Ace is ready to help you with any project. Many of our staff have decades of experience in customer service and helping solve DIY projects. As part of Ace Hardware, GR Ace is one of over 5,000 stores providing customers with a broad product selection, at low prices, and with the award winning service that only comes from being locally owned. We are your neighbors and love providing you with the very best products and service.
The Sales Associate will assist in the receiving, stocking, pricing of all merchandise and help maintain a clean and orderly merchandise presentation and overall store cleanliness.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide a positive representation of GR ACE.
• Proactively assist customers in solving problems.
• Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers when finished and when they are leaving the store.
• Possess a friendly outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
• Ensure all pages and calls are answered promptly, courteously and effectively.
• Forward any customer complaint that cannot be handled to a member of management.
• Possess strong product knowledge and knowledge of store layout and location of products.
• Assist customers throughout the store with personal, customized service based on the premise of amazing every customer, every time.
• Assist in creating a positive, professional and safe work environment.
• Assist with receiving, checking in and stocking of merchandise throughout the store.
• Assist with maintaining back stock levels.
• Assist with daily maintenance, orderliness and cleanliness of the sales floor, stock room and outdoor merchandise area.
• Assist with providing a clean and orderly sales floor, including end caps and ad merchandise.
• Assist with merchandise resets through the store.
• Provide assistance to Department Specialists, i.e. price changes, special orders.
• Ensure signage is current throughout the store.
• Operate forklift with proper training.
• Communicate any Store Support Center issue to General Manager for follow up.
• Communicate any merchandising, cost control or sales idea to General Manager.
• Participate in store meetings.
• Be professional in appearance and actions.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Other Essential Requirements
Formal retail experience preferred.
Standing, walking, lifting (up to 45lbs)