Other - Part-time
The ReStore Retail/Receiving Associate is responsible for accepting donations in accordance with ReStore Standards, providing donation receipts, product cleaning and pricing, distribution to all stores, and keeping a neat, clean and orderly donation area. This is a part-time, non-exempt position up to 28 hours/week. Responsibilities include:
- Screen and accept donated product for resale to ensure it is sellable and consistent with ReStore product acceptance standards.
- Ensure the donation area is neat, clean, orderly and product is cleaned, priced and moved properly in order to facilitate an enjoyable and easy shopping experience.
- Ensure that volunteers complete daily tasks in timely and safe manner.
- Providing GREAT customer service to customers of ReStore.
- Attends home dedications quarterly/as able.
- Promotes the mission, vision and core values of Habitat Kent.
- Receive/attend industry-specific training needed to fulfill the minimum standards of the Essential Responsibilities.
- Attend specific workshops, seminars, conferences, and trainings on diversity, inclusion, intercultural competency, increasing racial equity, or alleviating racism on an annual basis.
- Other duties as assigned
- Cashier as needed to keep a consistent and enjoyable experience for ReStore customers.
- Take bank deposits
- Previous experience in retail building supplies, preferred
- Ability to lead and direct volunteers
- Basic math skills
- Basic office equipment skills including phone, cash register, copier,
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to move 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Regular attendance is required
Diversity and inclusion are valued and contribute to the success of our organization. Habitat Kent is committed to building a diverse staff. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities of color we serve. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.