Administrative / Office Management / Clerical - Part-time
The part-time Receptionist will serve as a primary contact for RDV Corporation’s guests and callers; ensuring guests are warmly welcomed and experience RDV’s culture of care and hospitality from 8:00AM and 12:45PM, Monday-Friday. In addition, the Receptionist will also be required to provide clerical support and complete projects as assigned.
What You’ll Do
In coordination with other Receptionists, this position will execute the following duties and responsibilities:
- Monitor telecommunications system for all incoming calls; transfer calls to extensions or into voice mail; take detailed messages; cheerfully and tactfully handle inquiries and/or direct inquiries to appropriate staff; promptly notify staff of pending messages. Take initiative to handle general inquiries without direct supervision.
- Greet and welcome visitors and guests, ensuring that all visitors and guests feel as though they are a top priority. Practice professional and courteous hospitality; announce arrival of guests to appropriate team members; distribute parking passes; offer and serve guests beverages.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to prepare for and ensure guests feel welcomed during special events taking place in the building. Assist with exiting guests at the conclusion of the event as needed.
- Work collaboratively with Receptionist team to ensure office opening procedures are completed and operational readiness is maintained at all times.
- Monitor calendar system to ensure preparedness for guest arrival and adequate staff is always present in the reception area.
- Disburse daily newspapers and follow-up with contact if any are missing.
- Provide coverage for the other Receptionists during scheduled breaks, vacations, and other absences.
- Handle multiple priorities and deadlines with exemplary follow through and confidentiality.
- Exhibit foresight and initiative in recognizing potential problems, needs and/or inefficiencies, and pro-actively propose alternative, creative, and innovative ways to best accomplish superior outcomes.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming mail; prepare outgoing mail including certified and express packages for pickup by Professional Courier Services.
- Coordinate UPS/Courier shipments and pickups.
- Assist Facilities Operations Team by ensuring the reception area is maintained in a neat and tidy manner.
- Shop for products using Amazon, and Amway and other sources upon request from Executive Services/Family Services teams.
- Place food and beverage orders upon request from Executive Services and Family Services teams.
- Create and process assigned expense reports.
- Type and proofread documents.
- Create and maintain files, binders, indexes, and forms.
- Distribute Supplier Christmas checks and cards.
- Track corporate Christmas gifts and thank you notes.
- Scan and save invoices.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
What You’ll Bring
- High School diploma required; Associate degree preferred.
- Some experience as a receptionist or administrative assistant in a highly professional, fast-paced corporate office.
- Previous experience with various clerical duties; strong customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to organize, prioritize, follow through on projects, and work independently.
- Must be attentive to details and assure visitors are warmly welcomed and experience an atmosphere of hospitality.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, ethics, discretion, and dedication to the mission of the organization.
- Must work effectively and cooperatively with executive administrative team and adjust/share duties as required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; database experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of office machines and equipment (copier, printer, postage meter, etc.).
- Good understanding of general office practices and procedures; proficiency in proper use of English grammar in spoken and written word.
- Ability to work with all levels of management in a professional manner, with the highest level of confidentiality.
- Personal demeanor, which is professional, mature, courteous, cheerful, outgoing, and gracious.
Essential Physical Demands
- Must be able to lift/transport boxes of approximately thirty (30) pounds; stoop, bend, and climb steps and stairs.
- Ability to be flexible in working additional hours if requested, in addition to normal work week schedule.