Administrative / Office Management / Clerical - Part-time
Summary of Responsibilities: The Receptionist is a support staff member working closely with the Business Director, the Executive Director, the Operations Manager, Maintenance Personnel, and Kitchen Manager.
Hours: Wednesday & Friday 8:30AM – 4:30PM (may be flexible) 15-20 hours a week.
The Mission Statement: To reflect the love of Christ to all who come through our doors by building relationships and offering programs that foster dignity and respect.
The Vision Statement: For those we serve, we will be a community that overcomes obstacles, celebrates transformation and realizes the full potential of all as children of God.
Statement of Faith: Employees affirm and accept the ministry of Dégagé to be a faith based organization founded on the message and love of Jesus Christ and further affirm the mission statement of Dégagé as stated above. Employees will be asked to sign a Statement of Faith at time of employment.
· A strong commitment to Christ and to serving Him through word and deed in an inner city ministry setting.
· The ability to work with and encourage people from all areas of the social spectrum.
· The ability to set the example by treating those whom we serve with dignity and respect.
· The ability to convey with passion the goals and vision of Degage.
· Possess the ability and desire to be a team player working to fulfill the mission statement of Degage along side of other staff members.
· Proficiency in word processing and other pertinent computer software.
· Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
· Must be detail orientated.
· Must be able to lift 20lbs. as position may require unloading donations from vehicles and moving them throughout building.
· Able to complete repetitive physical requirements such as standing, sitting, and sorting mail.
· Answer all incoming calls promptly and professionally.
· Sort and distribute daily mail.
· Receive and receipt in-kind donations.
· Direct individuals to the appropriate staff members, both business people and patrons.
· Greet donors outside when they call to drop-off a donation. Help bring donations in the building and disperse to proper location.
· Answer promptly and professionally when someone buzzes the front door.
· Assist with projects as requested.
· Weekly reconciling cash.
· Keep the front office clean and orderly
Compensation: This is a part time hourly position. Note: This is an “at will” position.