Education - Part-time
The teacher will work in partnership with the Director and classroom
assistants to provide a caring and nurturing learning environment for
children. Candidates must be professional, responsible and willing to
be a part of a team environment. We are a Christian school that is
seeking an individual who can nurture the spiritual, social-emotional,
intellectual, and physical development of students.
This position is Part-Time in teaching Math for grades 4-7 up to
20 hours a week. This position has the option to become a
full-time position if the candidate wishes to also teach additional
Flexibility is offered in setting hours for math instruction throughout the
school week. However, instruction hours must fall sometime between
8am and 3pm and at least three days a week, Monday through Friday.
Additional prep and planning time may be done remotely.
1. Use and develop professional knowledge.
2. Reflect the purpose of the school, which is to honor Christ in every
class and in every activity.
3. Have an understanding and be able to apply current theories
regarding development of children in grades 4-7.
4. Articulate and apply a wide range of teaching strategies.
5. Cooperate with the School Board and administration in
implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the
operation of the school.
6. Teach classes as assigned following prescribed scope and
7. Integrate Biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of
education throughout the curriculum and activities.
8. Keep proper discipline in the classroom and on the school
premises for a good learning environment.
9. Maintain a clean, attractive, well-ordered classroom.
10. Plan broadly through the use of semester and quarterly plans and
objectives, and more currently through the use of a Lesson Plan Book.
11. Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the
individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students, challenging
each to do his/her best work.
12. Utilize valid teaching techniques to achieve curriculum goals
within the framework of the school’s philosophy.
13. Employ a variety of instructional aids, methods, and materials that
will provide for creative teaching to reach the whole child: spiritual,
mental, physical, social, and emotional.
14. Plan through approved channels the balanced classroom use of
field trips, guest speakers, and other media.
15. Use homework effectively for drill, review, enrichment, or project
16. Assess the learning of students on a regular basis and provide
progress reports as required.
17. Maintain regular and accurate attendance and grade records to
meet the demands for a comprehensive knowledge of each student’s
18. Keep students, parents, and administration adequately informed
of progress or deficiencies and give sufficient notice of failure.
19. Develop and maintain rapport with students, parents, and staff by
treating others with friendliness, dignity and consideration.
20. Follow Matthew 18 principle in dealing with students, parents,
staff, and administration as outlined in the teacher’s handbook.
21. Seek the counsel of the administrator, colleagues, and parents while maintaining a teachable attitude.
22. Know the procedures for dealing with issues of an emergency
23. Inform the administration in a timely manner if unable to fulfill any
24. Prepare adequate information and materials for a substitute
25. Execute the standardized testing program, records, studies, and
utilize the results; and use effective diagnostic and remedial
26. Take action to eliminate discrimination and harassment among
27. Respect family privacy and treat information with an appropriate
level of confidentiality.
28. Work with the consultants and aides to meet any special needs of
students in collaboration and consultation with parents, principal,
volunteers, external agencies and other professionals.
29. Engage the students actively in developing their own knowledge
by teaching them to take responsibility for their own learning.
30. Critically reflect on own practice to improve the quality of teaching
31. Review the effectiveness of teaching strategies and teaching and
learning programs and implement and monitor changes as required.
32. Strive to improve the quality of teaching and learning.
33. Attend and participate in faculty meetings.
34. Prepare daily lesson plans and keep them on file on a daily basis.
The Classroom Teacher will:
1. Supervise extra-curricular activities, organizations, and outings as
2. Utilize educational opportunities and evaluation processes for professional growth.
3. Provide input and constructive recommendations for administrative
and managerial functions in the school.
4. Support the broader program of the school by attending
extra-curricular activities when possible.
5. Perform any other duties, which may be assigned by the
6. Organize and supervise field trips.
Benefits: pension, health insurance, and tuition discount for
Salary starts at $19.23/hour but is based on education level,
teaching experience, and related work experience.