Mechanical - Full-time
This “hands-on” and team-oriented position is responsible for assisting with daily maintenance for two immaculate private estates located in Ada and Holland, MI. The ideal candidate has a maintenance background, and enjoys assisting with monitoring and maintaining all household systems and equipment, such as HVAC, electrical, lighting, plumbing, appliance repair/maintenance, carpentry, generators, etc. This is an exciting position to work within a highly collaborative household environment.
Our Unique Benefits
We are intentional about enriching our employment experiences through a unique blend of benefit offerings that include:
- Robust health insurance options with competitive employer contributions.
- 401k retirement plan with a generous employer match of up to 7.5%.
- Paid time off programs including vacation time, sick time, and paid holidays.
- Training reimbursement programs.
- Discounted memberships to MVP Sportsplex.
What You’ll Do
Interior Household Maintenance
- Develop an intimate working knowledge of, and maintain, all interior household systems (HVAC, lighting, appliances, and equipment) to ensure optimal efficiency and operation.
- Conduct regular maintenance inspections throughout residences and properties. Perform minor repairs and arrange for major repairs with appropriate contractor(s).
- Regularly monitor all mechanical equipment (HVAC, plumbing, water softener, generator, refrigerator, ice maker, electrical, elevator, and snowmelt) to ensure optimal efficiency and operation. Replace filters, lightbulbs, and other parts on equipment. Ensure doors are well-oiled and squeak-free.
- Conduct daily walk through of residences and notify Maintenance Manager of repairs and concerns and/or take appropriate action to resolve. Respond promptly to emails and texts, provide updates, and inform those involved of completion of tasks and projects.
- Maintain accurate record of daily and weekly inspections conducted and submit to Maintenance Manager.
- Inspect exterior and interior lights weekly to ensure all light bulbs are in working order; replace bulbs promptly in all homes; maintain adequate inventory of light bulbs.
- Inspect wood and stone conditions of exterior of residence(s); make repairs as needed. Paint and/or stain for general touch-up.
- Maintain outdoor fixtures, i.e. eaves, gutters, windows, gates, fountains, pond equipment, flag poles, etc. clean gutters as necessary.
- Maintain operation of fireplaces.
- Maintain cleanliness of maintenance buildings and mechanical rooms.
- Ensure tennis pavilion is in optimal condition and ready for use; maintain courts and other floors and equipment.
- Conduct routine maintenance of pools and spa, and ensure optimal cleanliness of pool/spa and surrounding deck area at all times; monitor water levels and temperature in pool/spa; backwash filter; maintain pool toys.
- Repair outdoor furniture and sports equipment
- Ensure operational readiness of grill and portable outdoor heaters.
- Serve on the snow plow team and assist with snow removal services; assist with clearing driveways and walkways of snow leading to residence and ensure walkways are maintained in a safe condition at all times.
- Maintain full stock of supplies, i.e., batteries, light bulbs, cleaning products/equipment, etc.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with team members and external vendors; must be a team player and willing to help other team members.
- Possess a good understanding of computer used for household staff email communication and operation of computer-based mechanical systems.
- May be requested to assist staff after regular hours for special events/parties on weekends and holidays.
- Assist with holiday decorating and special events/parties at the properties (i.e., Christmas lighting, special event requirements, table set up/tear down, etc.). Collaborate with other household staff to ensure all aspects of the event are coordinated.
- Pick up/drop off people or cars at airport locations.
- Assist other household staff as needed on a priority basis, i.e., moving furniture, lifting heavy objects, cleaning, etc.
- Perform special projects at request of Maintenance Manager.
What You’ll Bring
- Previous building, facility, and/or home maintenance experience required.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in certain trades, such as mechanicals, HVAC, plumbing, appliance repair, electrical, painting, etc.
- Must possess basic computer skills and be comfortable using computers.
- Dedication to and encouragement of team atmosphere.
- Must be a responsible, dedicated, dependable, and self-directed person of highest integrity; organized and reliable; positive in attitude; and one who demonstrates pride in service provided.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Must be attentive to details to assure the properties are presented to “Five Star” quality standards.
- Responsibilities of position are conducted in home(s) of the client of RDV.. While an employer/employee relationship exists, it is important that employee is genuinely committed to being part of the household staff team whose goal is to positively contribute to a collaborative home environment.
- Preservation of a peaceful household atmosphere is essential. Responsibilities must be carried out with minimum intrusiveness into activities of the family. This requires flexibility and ingenuity with sensitivity to privacy of family members at all times.
- The family’s privacy and security are of critical importance; the highest level of confidentiality in the business and personal matters of client must be exercised at all times.
- Equipment will be provided by employer.
- Aerial lift licensure required (or ability to obtain).
Essential Physical Requirements
- Required to wear employer-provided uniform when applicable.
- Required to wear appropriate employer-provided safety equipment in performance of job.
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds to a maximum height of six (6) feet; occasional lifting to eighty (80) pounds.
- Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, climb, and remain standing on feet for lengthy periods of time.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.