Accounting / Finance - Full-time
The Property and Operations Director will share a passion for excellence and will place a high value on aesthetics to consistently deliver casually elegant environments and experiences in private residential properties for the Principals, their family, and guests. In addition, this role will ensure properties seamlessly integrate with the Principals’ lives including overall knowledge of and productively collaborating with related private services such as security, transportation, personal assistants, and RDV Corporation. The Property and Operations Director will provide strong leadership and management as well as establish expectations for character, integrity, and work quality for all property personnel including but not limited to: groundskeepers, chefs, and housekeeping.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a polished, self-confident, and loyal service spirit with unwavering commitment to privacy, discretion, and every aspect of confidentiality. Is initiative-taking, energetic, detail-oriented, and able to anticipate Principals’ needs and consistently deliver exceptional service while consistently demonstrating discretion and professionalism.
Our Unique Benefits
We are intentional about enriching our employment experiences through a unique blend of benefit offerings that include:
- Robust health insurance options with competitive employer contributions.
- 401k retirement plan with a generous employer match of up to 7.5%.
- Paid time off programs including vacation time, sick time, and paid holidays.
- Training reimbursement programs.
- Discounted memberships to MVP Sportsplex.
What You’ll Do
Property Management – Complete oversight of Principals’ residential properties including creating, optimizing, and implementing protocols and procedures.
- Maintain property status and show high-end design sensibilities and appreciation of aesthetic quality.
- Provide appropriate care and handling of fine art, fine furniture, and collectibles.
- Navigate and demonstrate a willingness to learn complex household systems such as “smart home” technologies, HVAC, etc.
- Maintain household interior and exterior needs including scheduling, and supervision of household vendors (ie. HVAC, electrical and plumbing) along with managing seasonal needs (ie. landscaping, window washing and power washing).
- Oversee construction and renovation projects including coordination of schedules and inspections, monitoring permits, and providing daily oversight of subcontractors.
- Verify estimates based on detailed reviews of proposal specifications.
Team Development – Complete oversight of household and property teams, fostering a culture where diligence and commitment to excellence is a shared priority.
- Demonstrates a sense of pride and places high value on all facets of hospitality – an expectation of the best. Thinks and acts like a passionate innkeeper.
- Sets the standard and reflects it when hiring, training, and in ongoing staff management. This includes a concierge-style attitude, a dedication to sophisticated service and successful navigation of etiquette protocols even when faced with ambiguity or conflict.
- Develop a written Service Vision to clearly articulate priorities and expectations.
- Exercise basic human resource principles such as performance management, learning and development, and succession planning.
- Supervise and coordinate onsite activities, lead regular staff meetings and quality checks, conduct daily walk throughs, and provide day-to-day direction.
- Demonstrate technical ability necessary to personally perform and train others in the areas of household administration, fine housekeeping, maintenance, clothing and valet, culinary and entertaining standards.
- Supply weekly/monthly staff schedules, managing vacation and special requests.
Principal Support – Lead the smooth transitions of the Principals as they travel between residences, entertain family and guests, and/or host events.
- Travel in advance of the family’s and/or their guests’ arrival to ensure homes and local staff are appropriately prepared.
- Ensure homes are properly prepared, meticulous, and in working order before the Principals’ arrival.
- Assist with planning, setup, organization, and seamless orchestration of small-to large-scale events.
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience working in relevant settings: Small Inn, Beds and Breakfast, large private homes, or similar experience in a comprehensive hospitality setting.
- A self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to thrive in ambiguity, embrace spontaneity and effectively collaborate with others.
- Attract, develop, and retain high performing teams, anticipating resources needs across properties and seasons. Identify and plan opportunities for top talent.
- Superior project management skills including process and time management.
- Low key, meticulous, personable character. Inquisitive with smart questions and a teachable spirit.
- Outstanding (verifiable) references including current and past employers.
- Capable command of the English language, both written and oral, is required.
- Understands and committed to the highest level of confidentiality and discretion.
- General understanding of household mechanical systems, appliances, technology, and routine maintenance practices.
- Must pass an extensive background check, including criminal and credit checks.
Our Core Values
It is important that we and our teams operate with the following core values:
- Respect for every person
- Lifelong Learning