Management - Full-time
The Project Manager is responsible for delivering hands-on project management leadership and support to advance organizational objectives. In this role, the Project Manager will be responsible for developing project plans, managing issues & risks, driving issue resolution, and maintaining control over the scope and outcomes of assigned projects. Projects will include technology implementations and a broad array of business-related initiatives.
Culture of Care
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides project management services for key technology and business projects that will significantly impact the efficiencies, services, and/or overall operations of the business.
- Leads and collaborates closely with cross functional teams to define business case, development approach, requirements, and project scope.
- Plans, schedules, and sets direction for projects.
- Works with appropriate team members to set up systems to monitor and track specific project plans, schedules, budgets, and key milestones.
- Manages cross-project dependencies. Appropriates resource allocations (hours and dollars) within projects and programs. Serves as a point of contact and clearinghouse among key stakeholders in support of collaboration and meeting of timelines and deliverables.
- Leads and facilitates projects, including timely communication and updates with the project sponsor and executive sponsor, as well as weekly project status update meetings with the project team, etc. Adjusts project plans, proactively identifies issues or delays, and resolves issues as necessary.
- Regularly communicates project progress, roadblocks and/or substantive project modifications to the COO, CFO, and other executives.
- Evaluates and implements project management software to develop project plans, manage timelines, tasks, and deliverables.
- Reviews provider agreements and contracts related to the project. Provides input regarding areas of opportunity and concern.
- Maintains a quality control mindset and ensures all facets of the project are well documented.
- Leads post implementation project review. Works with project team to problem solve any unresolved items.
Elements of Success
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in information technology, business administration or related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of professional project management experience. Experience with systems/application implementation and support preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated project management leadership and excellence in creating and using project management tools with simultaneous projects of moderate to high complexity. Extensive experience managing cross-functional projects, programs and/or portfolios, (2 or more business sponsors).
- Ability to perform project management and system support simultaneously. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Possesses superior project management skills for managing project scope, time, cost, quality, human resource, communication, risk and procurement.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, verbal and written communication skills.
- Facilitation skills, negotiation skills and the ability to document thoroughly and accurately.
- Strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to analyze trends and anticipate project and business needs. Drives accountability; holds others accountable; meets deadlines. Ability to turn business requirements into a technical solution.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Uncompromised commitment to the highest level of customer service and confidentiality in all aspects of job responsibilities. Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Understand and communicate complex technical ideas and structures to people with widely varying skills and interests using excellent oral and written communication skills.