Building/Construction - Full-time
Habitat for Humanity of Kent County seeks to put God’s love into action by bringing people together to build homes, community, and hope. Our vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Habitat Kent is posting for a critical role to assist in this mission — Construction Project Manager.
The Construction Project Manager in accordance with the affiliate’s mission, vision, and core values is responsible for overseeing the construction and rehabilitation of affordable homes from start to finish. The Project Manager will work with members of every Habitat department to ensure the seamless transition to homeownership. The Project Manager will sustain professional relationships with trade contractors and material suppliers, in addition to providing support during build process to the site supervisors for efficient scheduling and site support.
· Complete all projects on schedule and within budget maximizing all volunteer resources, gift in kind and family support requests.
· Develop site specific specifications, budgets and schedules.
· Oversee the development of project specifications, plans, and schedules within all Habitat guidelines and grant guidelines as pertaining to all funding requirements.
· Oversee and track the homeowner warranty program.
· Coordinate final bids, costs, permits, and construction meetings throughout the construction process.
· Support the Site Supervisor to ensure seamless workflow throughout build process,
· Responsible for all third party inspections as necessary to ensure code for compliance and quality of work.
· Partner with Habitat Gift In-Kind (materials and services) contribution team, educational institutions promoting construction and trades.
· Develop relationships and goodwill with neighbors on site as well as community members.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Active Builders License from the State of Michigan
· Minimum five years professional residential building or remodeling management experience
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks; highly detail-oriented
· Strong understanding of Universal Design, Green Building and other certifications preferred
· Exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Able to utilize construction management software products
· Perform with minimal supervision
· Previous experience in training others in construction
· Regular attendance is required
This is a full-time exempt position. The pay range for the position is $60,000 – $70,000 with a rich benefit package that includes:
· Comprehensive health, dental and life insurance
· Employer sponsored 403b retirement plan with 5% employer match
· Flexible spending plan
· Holiday pay and paid time off
· Group voluntary vision, disability and additional life insurances
Diversity and inclusion are valued and contribute to the success of our organization. Habitat Kent is committed to building a diverse staff. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities of color we serve. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Send your resume with cover letter to:by Wednesday, August 24, 2022. No phone calls or walk-ins.