Technical - Full-time
The position is part of a team that is responsible for the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of the technology within the private houses of the Principals and RDV Corporation executives.
The position is primarily responsible for managing property technology projects and providing relevant technical expertise and guidance. The position is responsible to coordinate with property management staff, Wakestream IT team members and vendors to achieve project goals and desired technology experience within the Principal’s residences. This includes responsibility for projects and technical expertise related to new or existing family homes, guest homes, offices, marine vessels, and other locations. The ability for this position to communicate effectively and to build trust with family staff and outside vendors is critical. Our ideal candidate will have past experience in construction and/or an eye for interior design due to the nature of the work.
Culture of Care
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as a member of the Wakestream IT Property Technology service area team and participate in achieving strategic goals for the Wakestream IT department.
- Coordinate and lead property technology projects and ensure property technology meets desired user experience and expectations of the Principals and their representatives.
- Monitor assigned projects and coordinate all team members involved to keep workflow on track.
- Maintain a current snapshot of the state of all projects as well as related project tasks.
- Coordinate property technology quality control in all phases of the project; design, planning, install, and prior to project completion and project hand-off.
- Develop property technology wellness visit schedules working with property management staff and Wakestream IT team members.
- Maintain property technology maintenance schedules and documentation.
- Enforce and help develop guidelines for property technology security best practices.
- Document and maintain quality control metrics and services issues/failures for the property technologies such as audio systems, video and streaming systems, power management systems, home automation and control systems.
- Ensure project success by using project management best practices and effective communication with project team.
- Proactively maintain relationships with RDV Staffing team members and outside vendors
- Track and analyze project risks and recommend improvements to Property Technology Manager.
- Maintain vendor management practices and work with multiple vendors to obtain and evaluate proposals for property projects.
- Provide property technology recommendations to Principals and their representatives based on experience and executive/family preferences.
- Review project budgets to ensure billing is correct.
- Utilize the electronic project collaboration tools and systems.
- Appropriately address and respond to inquiries and problems in a timely manner.
- Be available after normal business hours for support as needed.
- Participate in other project and support activities as assigned.
Elements of Success
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, communications, business, administration, or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years or more IT helpdesk support.
- Three (3) to five (5) years or more project coordination experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years or more of audio/visual technician experience and Crestron technician expertise.
- Certified Project Manager or Scrum Certification desired.
- Strong administrative/computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
- Facilitation skills, negotiation skills and the ability to document thoroughly.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Flexible and able to multitask on various aspects of a project or on multiple projects.
- Maintain a pleasant, professional and confidential demeanor with the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Ability to work non-routine hours over eight (8) hours per day, forty (40) hours per week and five (5) days a week.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time for project related duties.
- Must be able to travel by use of commercial or private aircraft.
- Must have a reliable vehicle to travel to family properties; mileage reimbursed at IRS rate.
Essential Physical Demands
- Lifting fifty (50) pounds to a maximum height of four (4) feet.
- Climbing steps and stairs; stooping and bending.