Other - Full-time
Print Services Scheduler and Demand Planner
This position will support the operations department in creating attainable and efficient schedules using available resources to be released to the production floor based on demand. The demand is communicated to the scheduler via MIS/WMS systems. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high level of problem-solving skills as well as a high level of drive to implement improvement ideas. Capacity planning and vendor relations are a necessity for this role.
- Responsible for managing the production schedules for all Print Services.
- Act as point of contact by providing ongoing, prompt communication to all stakeholders.
- Support or conduct production update meetings and recommend adjustments to schedule and staffing to meet demand.
- Work closely with the Production Manager to ensure the efficient operation and optimal throughput of all production cost centers.
- Provide administrative support through the creation, execution, and delivery of various production processes and reports supporting ministry and operational goals.
- Work with raw materials vendor to ensure raw materials are on hand.
- Plan and schedule all paper deliveries.
- Develop improvements in scheduling or systems supporting operations.
- Partner and coordinate with SCM team to support short term schedule and forecasting.
- Ensure daily workforce operations perform to plan and report weekly operational performance.
Study or Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Two years of production scheduling, systems analysis or project leadership experience.
- Conceptual skills necessary to translate business ideas and data requirements into organized and informative deliverables including documents, spreadsheets, reports, and conceptual models.
- Ability to analyze data and interpret trends as tools for internal performance improvement.
- Proficiency in MIS and WMS software, reporting tools and project management.
- A friendly professional demeanor with the ability to influence and negotiate with others in cross functional teams.
- Strive to live a life consistent with Biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
Internal Work Environment:
- Extensive communication with production teams, SCM, Information Services and etc. Requires complex and professional communication in verbal and written form.
External Communication Requirements:
- Communication with vendors and consultants. These may be complex and technical.
- Support Print Service operation to achieve overall on-time performance.
- Promote improvements to production management. Initiate reports to measure and ensure improvements to operation.
Stewardship of Resources:
- Recommendations and information provided to management could have a significant impact on the budget for Print Services
Based on biblical principles, our statement of faith and the richness of our organization’s history, we will strive to reflect our commitment to diversity by honoring the ministry’s mission, vision, values/ethos and guiding principles.
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and InclusionApply Now