Accounting / Finance - Full-time
CURE International is seeking an experienced leader to join our team as our Purchasing Manager – Medical Equipment & Supplies at our MSC Distribution Center located in Spring Lake, Michigan. The Purchasing Manager – Medical Equipment & Supplies is responsible for the evaluation, sourcing, and procurement of key medical equipment and supplies for the CURE network of children’s hospitals. The Purchasing Manager will also work closely with the Equipment Services team for the efficient and effective distribution of medical and hospital supplies. This role will work closely with their regional counterparts and stakeholders to ensure that the strategies are executed to the benefit of CURE.
- Work with the Director of Equipment and Supply Chain to articulate and execute a procurement strategy for CURE International.
- Maintain a list of needed and appropriate equipment and supplies for CURE facilities, which includes the most cost effective place and method of procuring each item.
- Coordinate and validate the specifications for supplies and equipment.
- Consistently seek to negotiate best price and terms from all vendors, including buying groups.
- Lead the procurement process and team to effectively procure the required supplies and equipment.
- Develop and maintain supplier partnerships and vendor relationships with major equipment and supply donors and sellers, working through these channels when specific requests or needs are identified (for equipment or supplies) to determine best methods of satisfying the needs.
- Effectively communicate and work with suppliers, freight forwarders, and CURE International hospital staff overseas.
- Ensure that appropriate communication takes place with hospital Executive Directors, physicians and purchasing & inventory officers as well as vendors, and individuals making donations.
- Develop and maintain a system to keep track of, and report on, all associated costs of procurement, logistics and shipping.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- B.A. in business, management, operations management, logistics or related field.
- Five or more years of experience in purchasing, project management, client services, healthcare, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Medical equipment and supplies procurement experience is highly desirable.
- Strong experience with purchasing and inventory IT systems.
- Ability to work as part of a global / regional team to accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Previous international experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent analytical, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven results in selling products and services.
- Aggressive results oriented sales person with proven track records in acquiring new customers. and achieving new customers and achieving sales targets.
- Position requires high energy level individual who is self-assured, self-motivated and creative.
- Personal commitment to the mission, vision, and statement of faith of CURE.
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith in order to be considered for this position.
This is a full-time, paid position that offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement, and paid time off.
CURE International complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Persons living with a disability are highly encouraged to apply.Apply Now