Other - Full-time
A storyteller who thrives in effectively communicating life-changing Biblical wisdom to an audience through the audience’s imagination and hearing.
- To lead the creation of an audio experience from inception to published product. This includes, but is not limited to, podcasts, radio broadcasts, film dialogue, etc.
- To tell a story through audio by making content decisions, writing wraps, making theological content decisions, and segmenting audio into appropriate sections.
- To choose the right guests for the right topics, create suggested interview questions, and shape the final content into an intriguing and complete narrative.
- A desire to create a new audio experiences.
- Discover and utilize new and/or relevant music and sounds.
- Understand Our Daily Bread’s theological and content guidelines, edit content to match guidelines, while still being true to the guest’s story and teachings.
- To create drama and intrigue through the use of content, spacing, and sound.
- To bounce back-and-forth between multiple shows that differ in style, content, and sound, and keep each show sounding on brand with its genre.
- To be able to work with professionalism, expertise, and proficiency in the presence of influencers and personalities.
- To listen to recordings, make content and question suggestions to hosts, and help shape the direction of each show and episode.
- To provide production support for broadcast and digital audio efforts.
- To work with marketing regarding titling, audio clips, and production schedules.
- To record shows of various styles in various locations, including studio recordings and in-field recordings. This includes in-person studio recording and remote audio sessions.
- To make rough edits of content through audio software
- To be able to use music and SFX to create a memorable and noteworthy audio experience, where content sticks in the mind and imagination of the listener.
- To listen for distracting noises, levels, etc… and minimize or remove those distractions for the listener.
Study or Knowledge or Experience:
- A degree in biblical studies or theology, or equivalent experience; a master’s degree would be a plus
- Strong content skills and theological knowledge
- 3-5 years experience as a producer.
- Radio drama experience is a plus
- Strong written and oral skills
- 3-5 years experience writing wraps, making content decisions, and using sound to tell stories
- This person will be able to differentiate between a podcast and radio show, and thrive in creating products in both spaces.
- This person will be able to work in tight deadlines with a high level of proficiency and expertise.
- Please note: this is NOT an audio editing position, but a content position.
- Strive to live a life consistent with biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
Internal Work Environment:
Work with other media team members to conceptualize, plan, engineer, produce, edit, and finalize audio experiences. Work with other ODB teams to coordinate production efforts, content direction, and marketing of audio experiences.
High degree of external communication with audio hosts, guests, contractors, and distribution platforms.
This position will work with the Director of Podcasting to lead ODB’s podcast effort and will coordinate and assign tasks to audio engineers.
Stewardship of Resources:
Plan recording schedules and production cycles to maximize time and money.
- Based on biblical principles, our statement of faith and the richness of our organization’s history, we will strive to reflect our commitment to diversity by honoring the ministry’s mission, vision, values/ethos and guiding principles.
- Some national and international travel may be required.
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and InclusionApply Now