Other Ministries - Full-time
Summary of Responsibilities: This is a support staff position that welcomes patrons at check-in and ensures that their needs are being met by establishing trusting relationships.
The Mission Statement: To reflect the love of Christ to all who come through our doors by building relationships and offering programs that foster dignity and respect.
The Vision Statement: For those we serve, we will be a community that overcomes obstacles, celebrates transformation and realizes the full potential of all as children of God.
Statement of Faith: Employees affirm and accept the ministry of Dégagé to be a faith based organization founded on the message and love of Jesus Christ and further affirm the mission statement of Dégagé as stated above. Employees will be asked to sign a Statement of Faith at time of employment.
· A strong commitment to Christ and to serving Him through word and deed to others.
· A background in Social Work, Chaplaincy or relevant work experience.
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to initiate conversations and ask open-ended questions.
· Interact effectively with persons of diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, cultural backgrounds, and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
· Ability to organize, prioritize and delegate independently.
· Trained in Restorative Practices.
· Ability to adapt to change.
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
· Work experience or knowledge of those experiencing homelessness or vulnerable populations.
· Willingness to transport patrons.
· Build authentic relationships to foster trust and to be able to notice if someone is acting out character.
· Develop creative ways to engage patrons in conversation including RP circles and devotions.
· Educate patrons on the services offered at Degage during the day and encourage the patrons to meet with the Advocates regularly.
· Schedule and facilitate restorative conferences for suspended patrons while upholding the policies of the Degage Ministries while demonstrating compassion and respect.
· Teach Bible/Book studies and respectively encourage participation.
· Help plan and implement patron activities.
· Provide a safe space for patrons and staff to discuss spiritual needs.
· Communicate with the patron advocates to address the specific needs of our patrons.
· Attend all staff meetings and professional development trainings.