Housekeeping / Cleaning - Part-time
This position is responsible for assisting in the daily duties of a private residence in Ada, MI, including housekeeping, interior maintenance, projects and running errands. This is a part-time position working three full days per week (9am – 4pm, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday). The position is expected to be part-time through the end of the summer 2022, and will be full-time thereafter.
Culture of Care
RDV Staffing provides domestic, household and property related positions predominately in West Michigan. We recruit only the most skilled and dedicated people who are service-oriented, collaborative, adaptable, and who possess the highest level of integrity. Our employees experience a meaningful workplace where they can make a valuable and appreciated impact in the household(s) that they serve. Full-time employees of RDV Staffing are eligible for a robust healthcare program, 401(k) plan with a generous 7.5% match, time off, and other meaningful benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform basic daily household duties, i.e. making bed(s), cleaning bathroom(s), filling and emptying dishwasher, wiping down kitchen counters, taking out the trash, etc. Touch up family living and kitchen areas including, but not limited to: dusting, vacuuming, and putting décor back in appropriate locations.
- Conduct end-of-day procedures, including walk-through of residence to ensure items are picked up and/or stored appropriately; change lights to the appropriate settings, turn down master bed, and secures locks.
- Assist with daily care of pets, including maintaining dog bowls, letting dog(s) out as needed, etc.
- Care for fresh flowers on a daily basis and dispose of spent arrangements.
- Answer the door. Greet guests calling at the home.
- Monitor inventory levels of household cleaning supplies, food supplies, personal products, and other basic supplies. Place orders, receive, and stock household items. Clean out fridge and pantry of expired items or as directed.
- Report all maintenance issues to Property Manager and follow up appropriately by scheduling and greeting vendors.
- Assist with special events/dinner parties i.e. proper table and linen setting, set up buffet or wine stations, tear down, etc.
- Assist with holiday or event decorating as directed.
- Coordinate Amway catalog orders, working with Personal Assistant.
- Run various household errands as directed/needed, such as grocery shopping, flower orders, pick-up and drop-off dry cleaning, and other special requests.
- Perform a variety of administrative support functions, including posting/shipping mail or packages, ordering items as needed, etc.
- Retain receipts for credit card purchases. Submit credit card receipts and documentation monthly for reconciliation.
- Communicates regularly with Heads of Household via computer and cell phone.
- Perform special projects as assigned by Heads of Household.
- Gather articles to be laundered, pressed, and/or dry cleaned from closets and other laundry station and sort by color and fabric. Carefully adhere to clothing care instructions on individual labels. Utilize available reference materials for special care, translation of foreign symbols, stain removal (i.e. Amway Products Guide, Stain Removal Guide, etc.). Consult with Heads of Household when questions arise regarding care and treatment of clothing and household articles. Work with Heads of Household to facilitate dry cleaning requirements.
- Maintain orderliness and safety of laundry area. Ensure laundry products, iron, and household laundry equipment items are properly stored.
- Adjust washing and drying machine settings to ensure efficient and safe temperature, water level, and duration of operating cycle. Determine appropriate cleaning products and amount of product necessary. Empty lint screen in drying machine and clean interior of washing machines as necessary. Report machine repair problems to the Property Manager.
- Remove articles from washer; sort items for dryer or manual hanging; load dryer or hang items to dry as appropriate.
- Sort, iron/steam, hang, and/or fold dried articles. Inspect clothing articles and mends as needed. Reports damaged items to the Heads of Household.
- Monitor and maintain laundry supplies (fill laundry detergent bottles, keep drawers/cupboards clean and organized, report any needed products to the Personal Assistant.
- Check dry cleaned articles of clothing to ensure they are ready to wear. Return clothing and household items to appropriate storage areas. Maintain organization and orderliness of the closets and drawers.
- Make beds; change and wash the sheets on the necessary days.
- Iron bed linens for the master and guest beds.
Elements of Success
- Previous Housekeeping experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must demonstrate professionalism, pride, enthusiasm, and graciousness in service; must be self-motivated; display good communication and listening skills; be a responsible, respectful, dedicated, and dependable person of highest integrity; neat and tidy in appearance. Attention to detail, organization, and follow-through in daily routine essential.
- Must also demonstrate ability to prioritize and to work independently with limited oversight.
- Must be willing to be flexible in work hours during unexpected schedule changes, evenings and weekends may be required. A willingness to complete unusual or unexpected duties is essential.
- The family’s privacy is highly important; therefore, the highest level of confidentiality in the family’s business and personal matters must be exercised at all times.
- Responsibilities are conducted in the home(s) of the client of RDV Staffing. While an employer/employee relationship exists, employee must be genuinely committed to offer exemplary personal service and to positively contribute to a Christian home environment.
- Preservation of a peaceful household atmosphere is essential. Responsibilities should be carried out with sensitivity to this goal at all times.
- Ability to lift thirty (30) pounds to a maximum height of six (6) feet.
- Ability to remain standing on feet for lengthy periods of time; climb steps and stairs; stooping, bending, and kneeling.
- Ability to push/pull vacuum cleaner and operate household maintenance equipment.