Accounting / Finance - Part-time
Associate’s degree preferred, or in process and/or equivalent experience in accounting.
– Ability to work independently without daily instruction of an on-site supervisor.
– Ability to work well within the committee structure of the church.
– Ability to work well with the members of the congregation.
– Member in good standing of an evangelical, Bible-believing church.
– Process payment requisitions.
– Retrieve and enter deposits, including offering payments.
– Process payroll for church employees who are paid bi-weekly.
– Retrieve and enter auto paid invoices.
– Enter monthly payments.
– Request information and process payroll for church employees who are paid monthly.
– Benevolence and other checking transfers pertaining to deposits and payments.
– Calculate and process all payroll taxes that are due on a monthly basis.
– Review and process credit card statement.
– Reconcile bank and internal accounts.
– Generate and distribute reports for committees.
– Calculate and process payroll taxes that are due quarterly.
– Process payroll reports that are due quarterly.
– Prepare and distribute congregational report with Treasurer approval.
– Establish cutoffs for year-end.
– Review and process accrual balances.
– Process any unused vacation pay for employees.
– Process 1099s and W-2s.
– Process payroll reports that are due annually.
– Work with the Budget Committee in preparing the budget.
– Enter new budget in accounting software.
– Prepare new blanket purchase orders for recurring payments.
– Review and adjust payroll withholdings and rates.
– Transfer funds between savings and checking accounts as needed.
– Forward miscellaneous deposit items to treasurer for deposit.
– Serve as liaison to Budget committee.
– Serve as liaison between Bank and Deacons.
– Act as authorized signer regarding routine financial reporting requirements.
Job Type: Part-time (estimated 10 hours per week)
Location: Remote or In-person (based on your preference)
Compensation: Paid hourly on a bi-weekly basis. Rate will be based on experience.
Completed applications should be emailed to Adam Smelker at email@example.com or mailed to the Church Office at:
Beckwith Hills CRC
2100 Chelsea Rd NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49505Apply Now