Volunteer - Volunteer
Mission Statement: Motivated by the love of Christ, we promote abundant life by providing holistic services to women and men affected by unplanned pregnancy.
Position title: Childcare Volunteer
Position type: Volunteer (2-3+ hours each Monday or every other week)
Department: Educational Services or Support Services
Reports to: Educational Services Associate
Basic Function of position: Childcare volunteers serve September-May, on their chosen day of the week, either every week or every other week, as their schedule allows. Childcare volunteers are never alone – at least two people will always be present, and volunteers work together to change diapers (or help with potty training), read a Bible story, rock babies, play and interact with children, and help the kids eat snacks and/or lunch. Light clean-up after the children are gone is also required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Build relationships with clients during drop off
· Build trust of the parents and children
· Show the love of Christ to clients and pray for them
· Sign in and out in the Volunteer Hours binder
· Prepare the meal either at home or in Alpha’s full kitchen
· Be here at Alpha on the designated days and be ready to love the children in your care
· Be ready to read the provided Bible story to the children and play and interact with them
· Clean up after children leave
· Ability to build relationships and play with children
· Knowledge of and enjoyment of taking care of children 0-5 years old
Volunteer Application Process
· If interested in this volunteer position, please contact Lauren Herlein, Community Engagement Manager, at 616.742.0242 x105 or email@example.com.