Administrative / Office Management / Clerical - Full-time
Reports to: Store Operations Manager Department: Retail
Location: Kentwood FLSA: Non-exempt
Shift: Full-Time Pay Grade: R-2
- Oversee store inventory levels on the floor to assure product placement in categories, endcaps, and promotions.
- Oversee return procedures; report to Management weekly return process rate, including vendors, dates on returns and credit expectations.
- Oversee store inventory team to accurately and consistently count current store sku’s to product.
- Confer with management to develop methods and procedures to increase sales, expand markets and promote business.
- Prepare financial statements, budgets, sales or activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement.
- Coordinate activities of the business or departments concerned with the buying and coordination of product, and the sales and marketing of all products.
- Monitor and analyze sales promotion results to determine cost effectiveness of promotion campaigns.
- Coordinate with the book buyers to pull together promotions and specials from varying publishers of both frontlist and backlist titles.
Other tasks not on this list may be assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes which includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Sales and Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products online.
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the ability to understand and communicate information in both oral and written formats.
- Mathematics – Knowledge of the principles and methods for addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, fractions, statistics, currency, and economics.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Tools & Technology – Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and an ability to navigate e-mail, Internet, social media, database and inventory management software, web platform development software.
- Sociability – Ability to provide outstanding service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
- Experience: 2-3 years of previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required for this occupation.