Administrative / Office Management / Clerical - Full-time
We are looking for an Officer Administrator to join our Operations Team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting In The Image by handling all initial communication regarding member services and programs, donations, and all other general inquiries that come in online, over the phone, or through email regarding In The Image. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator, bilingual in Spanish, highly organized, and has great time management skills. While providing support to the entire office, this position is also responsible for working with the Trucking Department to set the most fuel efficient and economical pick-up schedule/route.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
Communicates in a timely, professional, and appropriate manner with all stakeholders.
● Answer all incoming calls on a multi–line phone system, placing calls on hold and multitasking when necessary.
● Handle all caller, email, and website inquiries whenever possible.
● Redirect calls as appropriate or take adequate messages when required.
● Communicate with donors, agencies, and clients both verbally and written in an effective and professional manner.
● Respond to messages left on the general voicemail in a timely and efficient manner and keep the voicemail message up to date and relevant.
● Contact donors and clients in a timely and professional manner and handle conflict when appropriate.
● Translate for clients, staff, and donors.
● Maintain a positive working attitude by acting and communicating in a professional manner that will establish and promote a professional working relationship with vendors, clients, donors, volunteers, beneficiaries, co-workers, and management.
● Exceptional customer service skills and telephone etiquette is a must while managing difficult or emotional client situations.
Assists with Trucking Department Coordination
● Work with the Trucking Department to schedule the most fuel efficient and economical route for weekly pick-ups.
● Work with the Trucking Department to schedule the most fuel efficient and economical route for weekly pick-ups, including home and regular donors.
● Communicate with donors as needed on behalf of the Trucking Department.
Provides Office Management Support
● Perform other general data entry and analysis as needed in Microsoft Office and G-Suite Programs
● Process mail and fill out financial donation forms accurately and in a confidential manner as stated in the accounting policies.
● Assist in developing processes in any way directed.
● Schedule appropriate appointments for the Executive Director and other management staff.
● Complete all given projects in a timely and efficient manner.
● Coordinate with leadership to cover lunch breaks/appointments/vacations for various departments.
● Perform responsibilities in the most efficient and effective manner, saving time, money, and complying with the organization’s policies and procedures.
● Development bilingual documents and literary items under the advisory of the Executive Director and Marketing Committee
● Any other job-related tasks deemed necessary by management.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
Job Type: Full-time (35-40 hours/week) some nights and weekends
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: At least 1 year of administrative or receptionist experience required, nonprofit experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Bilingual – Spanish
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Demonstrated organizational skills.
● Experience with Microsoft Office and G-Suite
● Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
Work Environment: Must be able to frequently lift/push/pull objects that are up to 50 pounds or heavier. Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
At In The Image, we provide hope, dignity and respect through the best shopping experiences money doesn’t have to buy. We are a non-profit that has existed for 30 years in the West Michigan community. We believe everyone in need of household necessities should be able to shop for free in a welcoming environment.