Administrative / Office Management / Clerical - Full-time
This hands-on position provides support related to administrative needs, planning, and scheduling for the Estate Manager and staff within a private residence. Seeking a team player who is flexible and willing to go above and beyond to meet the team’s needs.
The Office Administrator will primarily work in Ada and Holland, Michigan.
Our Unique Benefits
We are intentional about enriching our employment experiences through a unique blend of benefit offerings that include:
- Robust health insurance options with competitive employer contributions.
- 401k retirement plan with a generous employer match of up to 7.5%.
- Paid time off programs including vacation time, sick time, and paid holidays.
- Training reimbursement programs.
- Discounted memberships to MVP Sportsplex.
What You’ll Do
- Provides administrative and hands-on support to Estate Manager and household team including household scheduling, organizing staff meetings, maintaining staff roster, onboarding new employees, managing staff uniform inventory, and assisting with other household tasks.
- Monitors and remains up to date on the principal’s and household daily and monthly schedules. Assists with scheduling of appointments as necessary.
- Tracks changes to calendar appointments and events and communicates updates as necessary to Estate Manager and all related individuals/groups.
- Maintains proactive communication concerning the Household’s daily activities. Exercises open verbal and written communications with key contacts and household staff. Relays pertinent information to appropriate contacts. Exercises extreme discretion at all times.
- Supports new staff with questions related to time-reporting app, time off requests, new hire paperwork, and scheduling.
- Provides technology-related support including managing spreadsheets, creating digital files, and onboarding new employees on computer systems.
- Creates and updates checklists for recurring processes within the household including spring cleaning, fall maintenance, and other special projects.
- Maintains, organizes, and orders inventory for commonly used office supplies and other pertinent household items. Places orders, receives and stocks supplies.
- Runs business, personal, and household errands including:
- Picking up and dropping off dry cleaning
- Ordering and picking up Amway products
- Handles multiple priorities and deadlines with excellent follow through, flexibility and confidentiality.
- Answers phone for home and gate. Greets and welcomes vendors and guests.
- Appropriately routes all incoming and outgoing mail; follows through as appropriate.
- Maintains general household files, including organization and management of family folders to ensure all information is updated.
- Retains receipts for credit card purchases, prepares and submits monthly expense reports.
- Anticipates and plans for upcoming celebrations (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) by purchasing cards, flowers, and gifts, selecting gift wrap, and wrapping gifts as directed by female head of household.
- Supports and executives Christmas gift organization, purchasing, and wrapping.
- Provides general support to the Estate Manager and household team with hands-on projects and other duties as requested.
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum of three years of administrative support experience required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, technology, and phone/video conferencing.
- Strives to ensure all duties and responsibilities are completed with exemplary attention to detail and the highest standards for all aspects requested.
- Excellent organization skills with ability to initiate, prioritize, follow through on projects, work independently and be self-directed. Demonstrate creativity and initiative with desired tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; resourceful and assertive in gathering information to effectively communicate.
- Ability to establish rapport with others and establish strong interpersonal relationships.
- An attitude of striving to exceed expectations and a personal demeanor of flexibility and graciousness are essential.
- Ability to be flexible in work hours during unexpected schedule changes and emergency situations. Some weekends and nights will be required.
- Ability and willingness to travel to family properties and other locations as requested in support of family, events, etc.
- The family’s privacy is highly important; therefore, the highest level of confidentiality in the family’s business and personal matters must be exercised at all times.