Nanny / Childcare - Full-time
Provides high quality care of an infant in a private household located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Hours and Schedule
Normal work hours are Monday – Friday between 8:00am – 5:00pm with evenings and weekends as requested. The ability to travel with family will be required.
Our Unique Benefits
We are intentional about enriching our employment experiences through a unique blend of benefit offerings that include:
- Robust health insurance options with competitive employer contributions.
- 401k retirement plan with a generous employer match of up to 7.5%.
- Paid time off programs including vacation time, sick time, and paid holidays.
- Training reimbursement programs.
- Discounted memberships to MVP Sportsplex.
What You’ll Do
- Tends to daily basic physical, emotional, and safety needs of child. Must be knowledgeable and experienced and possess a genuine love of children.
- Ensures child is prepared for appointments and activities; assists with getting child dressed and helps with their hygiene routines.
- May assist with preparing healthy meals; works with the Chef to plan and prepare snacks, focusing on nutritional needs of the child. May join child at meals, assists with feeding.
- Maintains orderliness, cleanliness, and safety of child’s rooms, play areas, and common areas; organizes personal belongings. Ensures that all games, puzzles, and toys are in proper working order, contain all pieces, and are packaged properly.
- Travels with family in capacity of childcare provider; packs/unpacks the child’s clothing, personal items, and toys for travel. Provides assistance with packing travel materials and ensuring they are appropriately prepared at all times. Unpacks/restocks bags in a timely manner following arrival home. Travel is coordinated by the Household Manager.
- Oversees and coordinates play/recreational activities, play dates, parties, outings, and special projects; observes and monitors child’s playmates/friends when the family is hosting and entertaining guests.
- Plans and participates in a variety of activities with child, including creative play, educational learning, arts and crafts, games, outings, etc. Reads to and with child.
- Proactive in handling assigned duties, anticipating needs of the child and family, utilizing time wisely when the child is sleeping, and noticing items that could use more attention in the household.
- Conducts walk-throughs of residence throughout each shift to ensure child’s personal belongings and toys are stored appropriately, confirmation of following day’s work schedule, communication of pertinent information to parents and staff.
- Provides coverage for additional shifts and times as needed.
- May provide occasional 24/7 childcare when requested.
- Enforces good manners and discipline; complies with parents’ child-rearing preferences.
- Provides transportation to the child as required by their schedules. Drives family vehicle, adheres to motor vehicle rules, regulations, and speed limits at all times, and adheres to route preferences requested by parents.
- Runs child-related or household errands and/or orders items online as needed.
- Performs basic household duties, including but not limited to: load, run, and unload the dishwasher; wipe down surfaces after activities, snacks, and meals; place dirty clothes in hampers; and load, run, and unload the washing and drying machine.
- Performs special projects as requested in order to ensure overall smooth and efficient operation of household.
- Retains any applicable receipts for credit card purchases; submits credit card receipts and documentation for reconciliation. Completes online expense reports when needed.
- Utilizes technology for childcare-related functions such as uploading photographs or videos, sending email messages, and utilizing the baby monitoring systems. Promotes good communication with parents and other caregivers concerning daily lives of the child; exercises open verbal and written communications with parents.
- Works with and exercises open communication with all household staff.
What You’ll Bring
- Previous nanny experience preferred, background or coursework in education or child development field preferred.
- Previous experience planning creative play and educational learning activities for children.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, technology, and the Internet. Basic knowledge of Apple and Mac products preferred.
- Responsibilities are conducted primarily in the home(s) of the client of RDV Staffing. While an employer/employee relationship exists, it is important that employee is genuinely committed to contributing to a happy home environment.
- Must be a responsible, dedicated, and dependable person of highest integrity; neat and tidy in appearance; organized and reliable; cheerful and positive in attitude; exhibit pride in service provided; demonstrate a genuine love for children; be willing to “pitch-in” to perform tasks not specifically outlined within this job description; and demonstrate flexibility to work outside of normal hours.
- Demonstrated willingness to frequently travel with family and provide overnight care as needed.
- Must remain focused on childcare at all times, providing not only physical care for the child, but also be committed to spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and artistic development. Must be willing to develop a friendship with them, act as companion, respect their feelings, build trust, and provide a positive role model, always cognizant that young people’s lives are greatly influenced through words and actions.
- The family’s privacy is of critical importance; highest level of confidentiality must be exercised at all times.