Other - Full-time
CURE International is a Christian non-profit organization operating a global network of eight pediatric hospitals in Africa and the Philippines. Our mission is rooted in Luke 9:2 – ‘to heal the sick and proclaim the kingdom of God.’ We seek out the most vulnerable and underserved to provide sponsored surgical care to children living with treatable disabilities. Our hospitals and programs cannot function without a team of dedicated, talented professionals. We need YOU to consider joining our team so that we can keep doing what we’re doing!
We are seeking candidates for an exciting opportunity as a Mid-Level Gifts Officer at our Mission Support Center located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The Mid-Level Gifts Officer is responsible to develop and manage a portfolio of individual gifts in the $1000 to $10,000 range through initiating, cultivating, soliciting, stewarding, and retaining relationships with individuals, couples, and families who partner with CURE financially. The Mid-Level Gifts Officer engages donors directly through personalized communications and outreach that deepens and expands their relationship with CURE. In addition, the position works with the Major Gifts team on strategies to upgrade mid-level donors to major donors (giving at least $10,000 annually). Responsibilities also include writing proposals and reports, appeals and solicitation letters, acknowledgment letters, developing supporting materials, and planning donor meetings.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advance organizational learning by living out and communicating the Standards of Excellence and Core Values of CURE International.
- Execute stewardship tactics by establishing and extending connections, building rapport, and deepening relationships with CURE supporters through personal outreach, representation, and integrated marketing efforts.
- In coordination with the Development/Marketing team, execute efforts including prospect, renewal, and cultivation campaigns and activities via all communication channels.
- Use analytics to identify opportunities for optimization and building a pipeline for major and planned giving.
- In collaboration with Development/Marketing, support the direct response program for mid-level audiences across all channels (print, digital, telemarketing and future channels) to meet key performance indicators while improving the donor experience. Maintain a high level of knowledge and use in technologies and tools that drive business.
- Provide quality customer service to all program inquiries and participants and conduct oneself in a professional, friendly and truthful manner.
- Maintain a high level of donor confidentiality.
- Manage a portfolio of 500 – 700 donors.
- Help as needed with President Weekend activities.
CORE COMPETENCIES/SKILLS/EDUCATION NEEDED
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, communications, or related field with at least two (2) years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a non-profit service organization.
- Previous international work/service preferred.
- Proven passion for international missions and an interest in global learning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (telephone and email in particular) and organizational/administrative skills and ability to effectively plan in complex situations. Demonstrated team coordination skills.
- Strong computer proficiency using software applications such as Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Salesforce, and Jazz HR.
- Able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
- Able to share due credit with co-workers; display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment; work closely with other departments as necessary; support group decisions and solicit opinions from co-workers; display team spirit.
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith in order to be considered for this position.
This is a full-time, paid position that offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement, and paid time off.Apply Now